PDA

View Full Version : Ramp vector cut

robertdpittman
12-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Happy Holidays to all.

I am designing a project that has parallel 1/8" cuts that are 5" long. It starts flush with the surface of the board and ramps down to 1/2". Is it possible to do this?

I watch ASKBUD's video on making a pyramid with a gradient/taper. Is that the way to go? It would then become a carved region instead of a vector cut. Also, Bud in the video you mentioned you posted the tapers in the gallery. I could not find them. Can someone post the link to them.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

AskBud
12-23-2010, 10:42 AM
Happy Holidays to all.

I am designing a project that has parallel 1/8" cuts that are 5" long. It starts flush with the surface of the board and ramps down to 1/2". Is it possible to do this?

I watch ASKBUD's video on making a pyramid with a gradient/taper. Is that the way to go? It would then become a carved region instead of a vector cut. Also, Bud in the video you mentioned you posted the tapers in the gallery. I could not find them. Can someone post the link to them.

Thanks in advance for all the help.
My "Tapers" are here (Use the revised ones):
http://forum.carvewright.com/misc.php?do=showattachments&t=2046

I also looked at the "Profile" Icon, but it appears that it is dedicated to the 90 degree V-bit or the 1/2" ball nose bit.
I don't think it wise to substitute the 1/8" bit as it may break. Too bad LHR has not included more bits in this option.
AskBud