PDA

View Full Version : I have a stupid question

Griz64
12-20-2010, 01:10 AM
When reading posts if someone has included a picture, usually I cant see the pic. All I see is a red x. When I right click on the pics and go to properties I can see it says they are jpg's. When I right click on the x's it says they are gif's. This has actually been going on since the new forum has come online. I never had this problem with the old style forum. So I looked around thinking it was something in my settings on the forum but I cant seem to find anything that is even related. so could one of you guys help me out please? Thanks in advance.

fwharris
12-20-2010, 02:01 AM
Griz,

Maybe a stupid answer! Have you tried clearing your browser cache and or refreshing the page? Some times the page might not load right..

Griz64
12-20-2010, 04:01 AM
yes sir I have actually tried it but thank you for the input. do you have any other ideas? I am up to try anything.

chebytrk
12-20-2010, 07:19 AM
I understand what you're explaining. I have that exact problem, but only with one forum members pics and that's autobodyman. What's even wierder is that when on my desktop all I get is the red X that you mention and can't see anything (even if I right click and have it show image). However.......... if I'm on this forum with my laptop I can see his pictures fine (which autobodyman's are amazing by the way). Both of my PCs are Win7 and both use IE7. However, my desktop is 32bit and my laptop is 64bit. Don't know if that makes a difference or not, but that's my case and how things happen. Fortunately, everyone else's pictures come out just fine on my desktop.

mtylerfl
12-20-2010, 08:10 AM
When reading posts if someone has included a picture, usually I cant see the pic. All I see is a red x. When I right click on the pics and go to properties I can see it says they are jpg's. When I right click on the x's it says they are gif's. This has actually been going on since the new forum has come online. I never had this problem with the old style forum. So I looked around thinking it was something in my settings on the forum but I cant seem to find anything that is even related. so could one of you guys help me out please? Thanks in advance.

Here's a link to Microsoft's website with a number of troubleshooting things to try...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283807