PDA

View Full Version : target silhouette

skeeterman
12-19-2010, 08:49 PM
any body out there got a ptn of a target silhouette, kinda like the ones used at target ranges. with a couple of bullet hole images in chest and one in head.
some one had a cardboard sign outside there house that had this and the words
" nothing inside worth dying for" on it
thought i would make a wood carved one
steve

jpaluck
12-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Dont have the silhouette but reminded me of a sign I made for my fence close to the front of my house..cant share the MPC because the GSd was purchased from vector art3d..was too lazy to make my own...Funny thing is with my dog I probably really don't need the sign ..one woof and people usually are very leary of him..he is actually very well trained spent six months advanced ondience training now starting shutzhund with him..he actually very nice dog that looks scary..LOL lot of people at my fiances house when I bring him over think i'm a cop..too funny

Kenm810
12-19-2010, 10:13 PM
Kind of Neat, thought I make a couple to drill a few holes in -- with one of my .38s

mtylerfl
12-20-2010, 07:54 AM
any body out there got a ptn of a target silhouette, kinda like the ones used at target ranges. with a couple of bullet hole images in chest and one in head.
some one had a cardboard sign outside there house that had this and the words
" nothing inside worth dying for" on it
thought i would make a wood carved one
steve

Hi Steve,

Funny you should mention it...I just made that pattern as well as a sample MPC a couple days ago for a friend of mine. Here are the PTN and the sample MPC below. I made the lettering on the sample MPC as raster for my friend, but I would probably replace the text with Centerline Text along with using the new Conform Vectors feature (so the Centerline would work in the carve region) if I were doing the sign myself. Also, you can modify the sign to not have a Cut Path, if you wish. You could cut the outer perimeter with a bandsaw (or whatever other suitable tool).

skeeterman
12-20-2010, 07:54 AM
thanks for quick responses, yes i thought it was kinda neat myself,gonna put one at the door of my shop
steve

mtylerfl
12-20-2010, 07:58 AM
thanks for quick responses, yes i thought it was kinda neat myself,gonna put one at the door of my shop
steve

Remind me never to go anywhere near your shop...<;)>

earlyrider
12-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Doing this one for a friend-

cnsranch
12-21-2010, 03:31 PM
Here's one......