PDA

View Full Version : Z-axis Stall E06-0313

Baron Richard
12-19-2010, 12:43 PM
I just replaced the Z axis motor with a warranty replacement and upgraded the sandpaper belts tot he rubber belts on my refurb machine I bought in June.

When I go to start up the calibration sequence I immediately get a Z-axis Stall Err E06-0313 error with jsut a fraction of an inch movement vertically in the head.

I made sure the cables to the board on the cutting heard were in good shape and not crimped in any way. I made sure the head had free movement and that the bearing clips were not binding up and that the tension adjustment screws on the head was not tight all the way.

I have the latest version of the software (1.77) and could use a few suggestions on what to check going forward since I cannot find a problem of this description in the Forum.

Thanks,
Baron Richard
Wandering Wood Products

earlyrider
12-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Do a sensor check; that may tell if the wires are connected properly/ completely.
Ron

Baron Richard
12-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Thank You!! The sensor check showed that the machine was not getting any input from the vertical movement of the cutting head and from that I was able to determine that the wire harness for the Z-Motor Pack cable was a fraction short and did not provide any slack. Once I wiggled the wires and got a little more seating movement in the connector it started reporting movement in the Z axis. I'm about to start a project to see if it will vibrate out of place.

Thanks again,
Baron Richard
Wandering Wood Products

marthamaciuk
12-22-2010, 06:44 AM
how does one do the sensor check?

Digitalwoodshop
12-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Press Zero and use the up down arrows to find sensor data. Cover Switch is first. The Encoder Data will be 0000 until you move the axis.

Board Sensor is the most useful of all the sensor checks.... I recommend placing a piece of white copy paper on the board and crank the head down. A perfect sensor mostly dust free will read about 156. A 90 would be dust on the lens. I recommend the white paper as my paper is the same as your paper and the numbers match.... Board color can be different.

WELCOME I see it is your first post !!!!

Find the Tips and Tricks on the CarveWright.com page and check out a bunch of good things to know like the 7 inch rule of wood, scaling, bit flag, Carrier Boards and Sleds.

Good Luck,

AL

lhanner
12-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Be careful not to tug to hard on the sensor cable it will break easy.

bogwojny
08-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Ive been having the same problem I just did a censor check and the Y is good but the Z isnt responding when I move it up or down continues to read 0.000...whould that be a falty flat cable?

bogwojny
08-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Just wiggled the cable in back of Zaxis and its working now so I will be or\dering a cpl new cables Monday.

bogwojny
08-27-2011, 10:32 AM
Just found a slight rip in the cable. haha

Kenm810
08-27-2011, 10:39 AM
Glad Ya found the problem! -- Way to Go bogwojny!

Wilbur
05-18-2013, 07:05 AM
I get this err. e06-0313 on only one carving, the M-16. about half way through.
I checked and restarted the carve. Everything went good untill I get to install bit. When checking the board thickness is when I get the z axes stall.

After checking and finding nothing wrong I go to another patern to carve and everything works fine.

I have carved this pattern before and had other problems like on the back carving.

Any help would be nice.

Thanks
Wilbur

chief2007
05-18-2013, 08:17 AM
Can you load your mpc file so we can look it over to see if there might be a problem. Is this a double sided carve?

bergerud
05-18-2013, 09:56 AM
Try another project with the same thickness of board and same bit and see if the same stall occurs.

Digitalwoodshop
05-18-2013, 12:59 PM
So if I am guessing correct, this problem happens when you load your 1/8th inch cutting bit in your ROCK Chuck?

I am reading between the lines trying to understand what is happening....

This could be simply installing the 1/8th inch cutting bit in a ROCK chuck too long....

Making many guesses...

Bit
Using a Rock
Bit Load the first time went well...
Checking Board Thickness is a 1/8 inch bit requirement...
BOARD Too Thick...
Motor still spinning and drilled a home in the Brass Roller holder...

AL

peep
08-01-2013, 09:51 AM
I am just getting Z-axis Stall Err E06-0313
Why:?:
Finished a small carve, did a clean-up with a vacuum cleaner then a new problem. Man am I having bad luck.
I put a new board in, it goes through all the measurements, then starts to carve, lasts for about 1 second then I get Z-axis Stall Err E06-0313.
Just did a visual (could I of done something with the vacuum clean-up?)

peep
08-01-2013, 12:06 PM
I can't believe it. finding so solution to this problem, so after reading the info above, I went to my a Model and removed the cable from the Z check to the board. Installed it in the C Model and it works!

In 83 hours of operation I have had a gear strip, the cut motor stop and now a cable. I will be walking on thin ice everythime I am around the machine.
Do not delete this post. It will help someone someday.

Digitalwoodshop
08-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Notice any kinks or folds in the old cable? It could have been loose in the plugs and not bad... but switching back could be a problem if a new stall snaps a bit...

I recommend keeping a spare FSC Cable.. I agree... Only 83 hours.. Should not happen....

Good Job fixing it.

AL