PDA

View Full Version : Motor trouble!

ruffus
12-18-2010, 06:22 PM
My machine has been working with out a hitch, then today I got a check motor warning and now the motor wont come on to make the carving? I pulled the shaft re lubed it even though it didnt need it. it will go throught the motion of cutting but no motor to spin the bit?
HELP

Old Salt
12-18-2010, 06:34 PM
CK brushes may need them Ck wires Ck magnet .

Digitalwoodshop
12-18-2010, 07:45 PM
If you use the search with the " " on each side of the term like "Cut Motor" you will find lots of posts and pictures on what to look for....

Here is the short list.....

If the Cut Motor has over 250 hours on it than it could be the brushes are too short.

The Right Side Cover Switch could be loose or the screws holding the cover are loose and the switch is not engaging...

The Wires from the right side cover switch go to the Cut Motor in the back right... They can come un plugged... Black wire comes in from the X Termination Board below to the Black wire on the Motor. White wire from the X Termination Board is the Return and it comes in and goes to one of the two wires of the right side safety switch and back to the motor to the White Wire on the Motor....

Under the machine the X Termination Board has a Q1 Transistor. That is the electronic switch for the Cut Motor. The C1 Cap is KNOWN TO SNAP OFF.... I have had 3 of 4 machines snap.... This can cause the Cut Motor to NOT Start or with it touching then not touching is can let the Cut Motor START BY ITSELF..... Got a call this morning from a member and it was starting when he plugged the left safety switch wire in...... Call it a finger Muncher if you EVER Bypass the right side safety switch....

Well that is the list....

The best way to test it is to load a project and get to the first Bit install. When you install the bit, close the cover and press enter the Cut Motor will spin up for a few seconds... If NOT do more troubleshooting...

10 Posts... WELCOME !!!! Be sure to read Tips and Tricks....

AL