PDA

View Full Version : Y and Z stalls on Version C

crowder888
12-17-2010, 11:16 PM
Hi all! I got my new Version C a couple weeks ago and am having a heck of a time with it. First off the cover switch is goofy and I'm getting the "close cover" message A LOT. I'm usually able to get it going by giving it a puff of air.

Tonight it started giving me Y and Z stall errors. I was starting a carve and it went to start the homing process and popped up the Z stall. I powered down and cleaned the rails and belt and started again. The Z homed fine but then immediately gave me a Y stall. I powered down again and cleaned the Y. After that it wouldn't even move the Z truck.

I powered on the machine and moved both the Y and Z truck in the sensor check and they both read the movement but there was no resistance at all to indicate there was power to the servo motors.

I grabbed the Z truck and ran it up and down by hand several times and tried again....IT WORKED! Put the machine back together and tried a carve.....Z stall. So I tried again moving the truck up and down and it worked again.

Any ideas??

Thanks so much!

Mike

Digitalwoodshop
12-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Since you are still in warranty I would call LHR.

It could be a bad FSC Cable.... I Intermittant broken wire in that big flat cable..... OR a loose wire in the connector.

OR you have a bad L2 in the power supply.. Normally get a stall and then no power.

Lots of things can cause it.....

AL