PDA

View Full Version : "clear board sensor"

mannwranglers
12-17-2010, 06:31 PM
Hello,

Does anyone know how to clear the board sensor....I've tried a cotton swab and blowing it off with my air gun and it still shows up!!!!

PLEASE....if anyone has anything let me know!!!!

Thanks,
George,
(MANnWranglers@hotmail.com)

dbfletcher
12-17-2010, 06:54 PM
First off, take a peice of white paper, lay it on the board under the sensor, crank the head down. Then go to user options and sensor check on the keypad menu. Scroll thru the sensors until you get to board sensor check. Report back what your readings are. <80 most likely a broken led or TONS of dust inside the cover.

Also, if you are carving a dark material, place a strip of masking tape where the machine measures. Dark materials give the machine fits with the board sensor.

ladjr
03-22-2011, 09:16 PM
First off, take a peice of white paper, lay it on the board under the sensor, crank the head down. Then go to user options and sensor check on the keypad menu. Scroll thru the sensors until you get to board sensor check. Report back what your readings are. <80 most likely a broken led or TONS of dust inside the cover.

Also, if you are carving a dark material, place a strip of masking tape where the machine measures. Dark materials give the machine fits with the board sensor.

I did what you suggested and got a 11 can you help me now.

Old Salt
03-23-2011, 12:27 PM
11 not good.
C k lens cover to see if full of dust. it is possible to take off and clean but hard to get back on, will work with out for a short time.
May need new s/w.

Digitalwoodshop
03-23-2011, 02:38 PM
OK... Lets review... With White Copy Paper and the head cranked down on it you should get about 156 for a LCD reading.

If you get much less then you have a problem.

First thing is take a wipe using alcohol and wipe the underside of the Z Truck where the sensor is to wipe the outside of the plastic lens. Pine Pitch and Sawdust can Crust up and block the view.

If that does not work then it's time to remove the sensor.

I recommend to CUT down the back of the sensor and remove the backing plate. Some just remove the lens and fight the sensor for numbers and post and post the frustration as they do not see that 1 or 2 of the LED's are broken off the circuit board. Had they removed the back the Broken LED would have fallen off just as seen in my picture.

Early Board were not glued to the black plastic holder and the QC Vibration shook them until the LED's broke off... OR dust got inside the lens through the circuit board or the backing plate.

So you clean the window and inspect the LED's and apply a strip of MASKING tape to the back catching the edge of the window and you are back in business.... I have the one in the picture still working....

We have seen very little Board Sensor Problems since 1. The new boards are GLUED.... and 2. The ROCK CHUCK or CARVETITE Chuck have taken the Shaking out of the machine....

Good Luck and let us know what you find. 2 LED's shining a light and a Photo Sensor reading the reflected light in the middle.

AL

Digitalwoodshop
03-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Here is the pictures of the one with the Tape. IF you pull tooooooo hard on the wires like I did TWICE then the wires slide down the cover and PINCH on the SHARP edge CUTTING into the Wires as did my 2 machines. The Shorted Wires to Ground caused a OPEN COVER all the time as the data buss was shorted to ground. The first one was early in 2007 and took the big trip to Texas to FIX... Then I learned the machine and the incentive to fix the out of warranty 2nd machine was worth it... SO I ordered a cable and replaced it.... Used TAPE to keep the cover closed.

AL

I will take this moment to mention that our Carve Buddy Chris formerly my Neighborer wrote me a few times yesterday and is having FUN doing the Cross Country Trucking. He is doing well and wanted me to tell everyone here "HI". He still has the same phone number and welcomes calls as he uses a Blue Tooth Ear Piece and can talk while driving. If anyone needs the number to contact me.

Shacky
04-10-2011, 08:48 PM
I've been having some "clear board sensor" issues and am not sure if I have a real problem or not. I want to try the sensor check and can't figure out where to find it. I hit the button for "options" (I think it was 8) and then scrolled down to "sensor check" but that only told me if the hood was open or closed. I know this is something simple but I'm missing it. Someone put me on the right track, please.

Digitalwoodshop
04-10-2011, 09:15 PM
You were GOOD to the Cover Open Closed... NOW use the down arrow to get to other readings......

You may need to cut down the back and pull the lens and clean it.... See above...

AL

10:15 on a Sunday Night... Am I the only one still working.....? AW

jaroot
04-10-2011, 09:22 PM
I just finished carving a couple of sample signs for my web-site but it's only 8:20 here!

You were GOOD to the Cover Open Closed... NOW use the down arrow to get to other readings......

You may need to cut down the back and pull the lens and clean it.... See above...

AL

10:15 on a Sunday Night... Am I the only one still working.....? AW

Shacky
04-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks, done for the night here. I'll get back to it tomorrow am and check it out. BTW, I think I tried that and there were no other selections to scroll to....BUT I wasn't sure that's where it would be so I'll try again.

Shacky
04-13-2011, 04:07 PM
When I do the sensor test with white paper the reading is only about 12, but when I do it with a piece of yellow pine, it is about 78. Does that make sense?

Digitalwoodshop
04-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Are you cranked down on the paper.... Or up in the air...?

AL

Shacky
04-13-2011, 09:49 PM
I'm cranked down on the paper and the pine. I even tried laying the white paper on the pine and cranking down with the same result.

Are you cranked down on the paper.... Or up in the air...?

AL

Capt Bruce
04-15-2011, 06:00 PM
Curiouser and curiouser as the saying goes.

RanUtah
04-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Sounds like its time for a new sensor. Last time I purchased them they were about $15.00 each, I always buy 2 to have a spare. If you call LHR, they will walk you through the steps to make sure thats the problem.

Digitalwoodshop
04-15-2011, 07:34 PM
You could remove the sensor and cut the back off.... 1 of 2 things will happen... 1 or 2 LED's will fall off.... OR 2 you remove the sensor window and clean the INSIDE.... Use Masking Tape to seal the back.

OR buy a sensor and always wonder if cleaning the inside of the window was what would have fixed it...

AL