PDA

View Full Version : keeping large letters the same size

myshop1044
12-16-2010, 09:39 PM
I am trying to keep the same style letters the same size on each ptn.
I haven't found a good way to do this, if I change 1 side of the letter, it seem to auto change the other side based on each different letter and so on. My goal is have all the different letters on each plaque the same size when I display them somewhere.
If you can come up with a full proof method, let me now.

Myshop

AskBud
12-16-2010, 10:14 PM
I am trying to keep the same style letters the same size on each ptn.
I haven't found a good way to do this, if I change 1 side of the letter, it seem to auto change the other side based on each different letter and so on. My goal is have all the different letters on each plaque the same size when I display them somewhere.
If you can come up with a full proof method, let me now.

Myshop
I'm afraid that it's the nature of the beast!
While all the "Caps" can be the same height, they will differ in width.
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
12-16-2010, 11:52 PM
I draw a Rectangle with the letter Height on the board then using the number entry make the height what I need.

I type in the letter then grab the corner and make the letter as big as the box.

Works for me...

AL

brdad
12-17-2010, 05:55 AM
If you drag a side by the yellow dot instead of a corner you can change the width/height ratio, but that can make some fonts look weird. Your best bet might be to use a fixed width or monospace font where all letters are the same width.
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRqlxIS1oGG6VlhXMMrFth6p8uUrtIT IzIe4k-i0R3lwYpgMR5

myshop1044
12-17-2010, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the info, I will try the sq. box method. I tried 4 letters in a 6.5 sq and I was able to make them fit easly.

Thanks again

ya'll have a Merry christmas
keep carving

Myshop

Digitalwoodshop
12-17-2010, 02:31 PM
I learned that way way back before we had Centerline Text, just the Beta Guys... Greybeard from the other side of the pond in England sent me Font Boards. Boards with letters. Like children's wood blocks you copied and pasted each letter to a board one letter at a time. Then lined them up and changed the size. Worked for us to make centerline text before it was offered. Then I asked for a Script Font and got in trouble changing individual letters heigth... The Tails would not line up.... Then Greybeard told me that with Script you needed to group the whole word together and change it at one time to keep the letters scaled together.

Paying for Centerline and just typing the text is so much easier....

But with your 6 inch letters you should be fine.