PDA

View Full Version : carving problems

joe4800
12-11-2010, 08:42 PM
I tryed to carve i picture and it came one really bad it messed up my wood dose any one know how to set it up better and make it come out good

fwharris
12-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Joe,

If were trying to carve an actual picture that might be part of your problem. Pictures typically do not carve very well do to all of the different levels (light to dark areas).

It would help us help you if you could post a copy of your project file (mpc) for us to look at. Also if you can let us know more about the problems you are having.

I also see you are a new user and would like to make sure you have read the tips and tricks issues. They offer a lot of great information that will help you to better understand the software and the machine. To get them click on the link in my signature....

AskBud
12-11-2010, 09:43 PM
I tryed to carve i picture and it came one really bad it messed up my wood dose any one know how to set it up better and make it come out good
Pictures (portraits) can be one of the hardest things to master. Sometimes they are best done on Corian, which is not for the faint of heart (it is hard as nails, and in my opinion takes a higher level of skill/knowledge".
My "Download" link below has several AVI lessons with picture, photo, or image in the title that may be of some help. There is a section further down the list that deals with Adobe. You will find several AVI files there as well as lots of tutorials from Adobe.
Carve Wright has some "Tips & Tricks" and Tutorials as well.
AskBud