PDA

View Full Version : scanning size changed in designer? Help?

jcaravella
12-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Hope this is the place to ask... I scanned an item that needs to be the exact size as the scanned item when it is carved. The scan went fine but wen i imported it it was about 60% smaller than the size of the original.

Also maybe this is it but couldn't find another way. When importing the scan into designer i was only able to save and add to my project by saving it a a pattern then bringing it from the pattern list to my project. Is this the coreect procedure?

Thanks in advance for any and all help,
Joe

geekviking
01-22-2011, 11:48 AM
I have had the same problem with my scans for the last several years. No one has been able/willing to help me figure out what exactly is wrong, which is strange because everyone is so friendly and helpful on this forum, but I had given up hope. But now you seem to have the same problem, I hope someone will help us out. It really sucks having your scans come out at 40% size, because to stretch it to 100% seriously degrades the pattern... And my $200+ scan probe is worthless to me as it is like this.

mtylerfl
01-22-2011, 02:29 PM
I have had the same problem with my scans for the last several years. No one has been able/willing to help me figure out what exactly is wrong, which is strange because everyone is so friendly and helpful on this forum, but I had given up hope. But now you seem to have the same problem, I hope someone will help us out. It really sucks having your scans come out at 40% size, because to stretch it to 100% seriously degrades the pattern... And my $200+ scan probe is worthless to me as it is like this.

Hello,

Are you running the latest version (1.177 as of this writing)? The size should stay exactly the same. Also, make sure when you are dragging the pattern onto a layout board, that you UN-CHECK the "Scale to Fit Board" box at the bottom of the pattern library window. (It is 'checked on' by default)

mtylerfl
01-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Please visit the following post regarding scan size testing...

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?17305-Quality-Setting-amp-Size

geekviking
01-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Please visit the following post regarding scan size testing...

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?17305-Quality-Setting-amp-Size

Thanks, I have read that one. :)

geekviking
01-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Micheal,

No I haven't tried it yet with the newest version, I've been kinda discouraged and haven't even been on the forum for the last 4 or 5 months, but I have downloaded it, (I have to call in and get one of my old licenses activated for my upgraded computer) and will try, I hope it's been addressed in this version as I've tried it with just about every version since 2007. :) Thanks for the input!

geekviking
01-22-2011, 10:12 PM
Hello,

Also, make sure when you are dragging the pattern onto a layout board, that you UN-CHECK the "Scale to Fit Board" box at the bottom of the pattern library window. (It is 'checked on' by default)

My resize happens at the point of downloading (and naming) off of the card, before that point... :(

mtylerfl
01-23-2011, 06:30 AM
My resize happens at the point of downloading (and naming) off of the card, before that point... :(

Hi,

Ok, try the latest version of the software. I think you'll find all is well and your scans should retain their original size. Let us know if you experience anything different on your setup. I'm sure you already know this, but for other readers...when you change/update Designer versions, be certain your memory card firmware is flashed to the same version so that all features work properly.