PDA

View Full Version : How do you flip a board

jussi
12-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Doing my first 2 sided carving. Which way do you flip it over to do the other side?

CarverJerry
12-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Take the keyboard side and flip it towards the other side of the machine. In other words top to bottom. I just did one today.

CJ

Ike
12-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Take the keyboard side and flip it towards the other side of the machine. In other words top to bottom. I just did one today.

CJ. The easiest way is to mark the keypad side of the board with a X front and back. The X should be on the same edge to get both sides the same direction. Now that is saying it is a double sided sign.

Like Jerry said, if it is for a POM then follow the instructions most of the time it is end over end (vertically) for a double side sign side to side ( horizontally)

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
12-07-2010, 09:20 PM
I call it Rolling the board..... Like when you select view rear of board in designer... it rolls...

AL

AskBud
12-07-2010, 10:06 PM
I call it Rolling the board..... Like when you select view rear of board in designer... it rolls...

ALThat's a good word picture Al.
Others would be "Roll the log" or "Roll over, in bed", you would hardly ever go end-to-end!
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
12-07-2010, 10:31 PM
I have a lot of time on my hands...... To think up stuff like that.... LOL....

AL

Ike
12-08-2010, 10:47 AM
I have a lot of time on my hands...... To think up stuff like that.... LOL....

AL
Time on your hand???????????????? You my friend! Believe me you learn quick how to flip a board on a double sided sign when it do it wrong the first FEW times! And that is hand routing the signs! Of course if the sign reads the same on each side I guess you would tumble it! Left to right or right to left!

Another thing to remember is how you designed the project in the designer. If you have carving on both sides then you need to flip the board the same way you designed it! I find it simple because I hand rout most of my signs, so I have the board in my hand to look over. Hard to do that with the CW if you forget the order you designed it!

Ike