PDA

View Full Version : Broken Ribbon Connector

Shawn Gillies
12-18-2006, 05:35 PM
I have had to take off the side covers more times than i can count. Spent 3 hours working on it and when i went to run the program i got a close cover message. Tracing the wires it seems the wire ribbon connector broke off the circuit board and took a few pins with it. This is the 1.5" square board on the back of the rail.

I guess the question is now how to go about repairing it.

Shawn Gillies :?

Ron Smith
12-18-2006, 06:59 PM
I have had to take off the side covers more times than i can count. Spent 3 hours working on it and when i went to run the program i got a close cover message. Tracing the wires it seems the wire ribbon connector broke off the circuit board and took a few pins with it. This is the 1.5" square board on the back of the rail.

I am about ready to put this machine in the garage and forget about it.

I guess the question is now how to go about repairing it.

Shawn Gillies :?

Shawn,

Don't get too discouraged ... I've been there with you. I've had issues upon issues and it's usually been something small I could figure out. The major ones, like the circuit board problem, have been handled wonderfully by the CarveWright folks as soon as I called them. I just recently had to change out the entire motor and shaft assembly. I have sold a lot of signs so I can't afford to be down long and they have responded quickly when called. Yeah I know it can be aggravating, but hang in there. When you get the bugs worked out, it's a pleasure to do. I usually do woodturning on the other side of the shop while it's running, checking on it every now and then. Call Erik and he'll get you taken care of.

cmorlier
12-19-2006, 09:28 AM
Shawn,

Like Ron said, give us a call and we will get you fixed up.