PDA

View Full Version : Board Cencer

JMD
11-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Just got the Machine back from LHR. Don't have 2 hours since it's return. Now all I get is check board censer. Did censer check 105. Seems like I just can not make this thing work.
Just about ready to give up and scrap the hole thing.
I WILL NOT PAY $25.00 for tech help!

Ike
11-30-2010, 02:27 PM
Just got the Machine back from LHR. Don't have 2 hours since it's return. Now all I get is check board censer. Did censer check 105. Seems like I just can not make this thing work.
Just about ready to give up and scrap the hole thing.
I WILL NOT PAY $25.00 for tech help!
Have you tried calling and telling LHR you just had your machine repaired and now having board sensor issues? I would first check to see if there are any loose connection that may have been missed. Then try blowing the dust out of the sensor, I would also try a search on board sensors before you scrap the whole thing.

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
11-30-2010, 08:25 PM
It could simply be a dusty sensor.... 105 with white paper is a dust problem.... 105 with a board is GOOD....

Remember that depending on the direction of board travel that a ROLLER must become UN Compressed before it turns on the board sensor for length measurements. Dust in the Roller Retainers can prevent the roller from uncompressing.... See the pictures I posted of the roller switch area..... When we have the rollers compressed and blow sawdust all around with LP Air like I do..... It gets on the plate that is the mechanical stop. I had so much dust in my mechanical stop plate that it would not let the switch activate.

Could be a FSC Cable.... a 105 tells me it is not bad at the moment.... Any movement can cause a broken wire on the cable to make and break causing you problems...

My bet.... Dirty Lens inside..... I would cut down the back and clean the window... Tape the back to seal it.

Lastly... My least favorite... A Intermittant Pinched wire in the Y head.... I had that twice..... The Vibration makes the sharp metal cut the insulation....

Let us know....

AL