PDA

View Full Version : Y axis stall 303

eromran
11-29-2010, 06:09 PM
I was getting Y axis stall 303 then i upgraded to CarveWright Ver 1.176 and got Y axis stall EO5-0303 which i figured was the same thing. I checked every thing i could think of or read from bearings to burrs and bad motor but all seemed OK didn't replace motor but looked it over real good cleaned out back adjusted belt seems to run smoother and quieter but still got error. The object i was scanning was attach very well but had a wide span that did not touch sled.I thought it was fine since it was very firm and did not seem to give. I scanned something solid and it scanned fine. So i supported object under span and all went well. Just thought id post this as i have not seen this before.

AskBud
11-29-2010, 06:57 PM
Here is a similar post, where I speak of "Voids" in the material being scanned.
AskBud
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?16789-Nother-Scanning-Problem-Question&highlight=void

eromran
11-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Very interesting that is exactly where the error accrued and how i just would not had thought of upward resistance only down. Did you get same error # or was that different ? When i did a search your post did not come up so maybe you could edit it to include 303 error also to help the next person .THANKS

AskBud
11-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Very interesting that is exactly where the error accrued and how i just would not had thought of upward resistance only down. Did you get same error # or was that different ? When i did a search your post did not come up so maybe you could edit it to include 303 error also to help the next person .THANKS
Shucks, I did not note the error, as I knew the solution right away. I just had to learn that it will happen on large and small voids.
AskBud