PDA

View Full Version : Buying one in January 2011

Annette Jimison
11-29-2010, 11:24 AM
Just keep my email and stay in touch. I am wanting to get one of these, complete, for my son. I have to wait until January 12, 2011, before I can buy. Please keep me in mind. This appears to be his passion and he works with wood and loves this. Thanks! Oh, I am in Phoenix, and would travel to pick up. Later!

Ike
11-29-2010, 12:13 PM
Just keep my email and stay in touch. I am wanting to get one of these, complete, for my son. I have to wait until January 12, 2011, before I can buy. Please keep me in mind. This appears to be his passion and he works with wood and loves this. Thanks! Oh, I am in Phoenix, and would travel to pick up. Later!
Annette, just a suggestion I would consider a new CW Rev C, buying a used machine is ok, but you have no warranty. This machine is a very easy machine to use, but is not a plug and play. Unless this is a surprise have him download a trial version of the designer and familiarize himself with the program. Plus read all the maintenance procedures.

With a new one you will have a warranty and through LHR you can customize the machine or buy from www.amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com) they have the Rev C for sale $1599.99 and it comes with the 1 year or 200 hour warranty, plus one cutting bit and one carving bit. Plus the peace of mind having free support during the warranty period!

Plus if you watch the forum there are deals on bit sets members have for sale. Another must have is the centerline text software, it is non transferable so it is an item you must buy new. Another program that is non transferable is the software with the probe called the pattern editor. You may see some used machine that have a probe, if the PE has been registered it is non transferable and will cost $199.00 to use the probe. A new probe at Amazon is $225.00 with the software!

Plus with the CW Rev "C" it has all the latest update parts including the Carvetight chuck. A used machine will most likely have the original QC chuck that has had many issues, thus the reason for the CT! Also there are quite a few other parts that have been replaced. Basically a used machine are bought for second or third or fourth etc. machines! After you learn the machine and know how to correct any issues then I would consider an used machine!

This forum is a great resource for repair information, patterns free and purchased, projects and very special friendship! Al, digitalwoodshop is our forum repair expert, along with Michael Tyler are just a few of many valuable members!

I am always willing to help where I can and like Al and Michael I am always willing to talk to you over the phone when anybody needs help! Oh another thing needed for the CT is the 1/4" bit split sleeve adapter. This allows you to use 1/4" steel shaft routers bits in the 1/2" CT chuck or you can use 1/2" bits. The bits that come with the CW have pressed on adapters ready for the CT.

Ike

dbfletcher
11-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Ike's advice is spot on. I would also agree that anyones FIRST machine should be a new one with warranty support from LHR.

Good luck and welcome to the forum! Also make sure your son joins this forum. There is a wealth of knowledge and free advice & support to by found here 24x7x365.

rcdages
11-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Good advice Ike.

Even for my self when I get ready to get another machine it would be new. With all the improvements that to me is the only way to go, plus the warranty and support from LHR.

Carolyn and I talked about adding a second machine this up coming year, hope I will be able to. One can move along on projects a bit quicker.

One just never knows what is around the corner in one's life.

Ike
11-29-2010, 01:40 PM
Robert good to see here on the forum! I hope you do get that new CW!

Ike

rcdages
11-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Ike,

Thank you.

Just needed to look in on the forum, things are moving along and I am carving again.

I hope it works out so I can get a new CW to have beside my first one. I know Carolyn will know I have it.

It is because of Carolyn that I got my CW and have gotten to were I am with it.

Life will go on but it will never be the same with out her.