PDA

View Full Version : conforming vector question

skeeterman
11-28-2010, 10:30 AM
I dont have the conforming vectors software yet , but my question to someone that does is this.
here is an example of a plaque that someone on forum posted , and in the carve region the words are carved with the raised letters, now if you do the words with centerline text using the conforming vectors which one will finish carving with the least amount of machine time and how much of a difference.
thanks steve

bjbethke
11-28-2010, 10:51 AM
I dont have the conforming vectors software yet , but my question to someone that does is this.
here is an example of a plaque that someone on forum posted , and in the carve region the words are carved with the raised letters, now if you do the words with centerline text using the conforming vectors which one will finish carving with the least amount of machine time and how much of a difference.
thanks steve
I do not have the conform function, but visualizing in your mind on how the CW machine works it would still need to raster carve first, and it would need a bit change .

It may add time.

gwhiz
11-28-2010, 10:54 AM
On best quality. Original 2:02, Centerline 2:08. It's gotta carve out the center region either way...plus you'll have a bit change with centerline text. It really comes down to the look that you're going for....

earlyrider
11-28-2010, 11:00 AM
At best setting, raster @ 2.02.47, and 90V conforming @ 2.08.51
Then add time to change bits.
Ron

Gwhiz! Ya done beat me!

skeeterman
11-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Thanks guys , was just curious
Steve

cestout
11-28-2010, 07:25 PM
If you are are raster carving letters, you need to use at least "Best" setting. If you are using Centerline with Conform, you can easily get by with "Normal" setting. I just carved 11 grand kid's Christmas presents this way. Also you can make the dome or whatever backing the lettering more magnified.
Clint

sk8nmike
04-09-2011, 09:29 AM
OK, Maybe I have a misunderstanding as to what conforming vectors are. I have a project where I want to apply text to a dome and have it uniform across the surface, that is the letters are the same thickness acroos the surface. What I am coming up with is a standard depth with Centerline and the same with Rastor. Never once does the software ask if I want to use conforming vectors. What am I doing wrong? I've attached a sample.

Kenm810
04-09-2011, 09:44 AM
Vector Conforming is used with vector lines or tools alone with Centerline text.
The Conform box in you tool bar will need to be checked to see it work

bjbethke
04-09-2011, 09:57 AM
OK, Maybe I have a misunderstanding as to what conforming vectors are. I have a project where I want to apply text to a dome and have it uniform across the surface, that is the letters are the same thickness acroos the surface. What I am coming up with is a standard depth with Centerline and the same with Rastor. Never once does the software ask if I want to use conforming vectors. What am I doing wrong? I've attached a sample.

On your sample it did not show the Dome effect, I added some depth to the image. To make the Raster fonts flow with the dome you need to merge the dome to the type font. (Check Additive)

I do not have the Conform program, but you can select the Demo function.

AskBud
04-09-2011, 10:24 AM
My download link, below, has an AVI lesson on titled "Conforming Vectors". It shows how and when you may wish to apply the "Conforming vectors" option.
AskBud

CarverJerry
04-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Thanks Ken, that is a great explaination of how it is used. I have it, only used it once or twice but never on a surface like, only within a carved region.

CJ

sk8nmike
04-09-2011, 04:54 PM
On your sample it did not show the Dome effect, I added some depth to the image. To make the Raster fonts flow with the dome you need to merge the dome to the type font. (Check Additive)

I do not have the Conform program, but you can select the Demo function.

This was what I was looking for, thanks. I knew there had to be a simple answer to it.

Mike

jaroot
04-09-2011, 08:26 PM
If you have one of the newer versions of "designer" you can "try" conforming vectors on your projects. There is a check box in the tool menu to access it.

I guess I didn't read well enough to see that somebody already suggested this.

liquidguitars
04-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Conform vectors is a fantastic program/ plug-in. I just used it on my new violin binding 30 min ago... two thumbs up for a really cool idea and a well executed programing.

ladjr
02-17-2012, 04:00 PM
I have a heart I'm trying to use conforming vectors on. I have attached. How can I make the words a little deeper, I'm hoping this will make them more visiable.

Thanks

lynnfrwd
02-17-2012, 04:19 PM
I have a heart I'm trying to use conforming vectors on. I have attached. How can I make the words a little deeper, I'm hoping this will make them more visiable.

Thanks

Pick a different font that is thicker.

AskBud
02-17-2012, 04:21 PM

ThanksFirst, you could assign the 60 degree V-bit rather than the default 90 degree.
Second, you could select a slightly datker font, from the list, which will give you a deeper carve.
The darker and wider the font sample, the deeper it will carve.
AskBud

edzbaker
02-17-2012, 04:25 PM
ladjr, Change the V carving bit to a 60 degree bit and take a look at the difference. The 60 d. bit carves deeper than the 90d. in designer. So, if you choose the 60 d. bit in designer and actually use the 90d bit in your machine, it will carve deeper. Or, of course you have the option of actually carving witha 60d. bit.

Ed Baker

yeah,,, what bud said !

ladjr
02-17-2012, 06:39 PM
Thanks

I tried the font but didn't get the response I was looking for. Now I will try the 60 degree

Thanks Again

lynnfrwd
02-17-2012, 07:25 PM
Do it in black and sand then it will show up much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk