PDA

View Full Version : Problems

guido5286
11-27-2010, 10:25 AM
I'm new at this. I've only been carving a few months and I love it. Now my machine is having problems and I need help. I was carving a plaque for my neighbor and the machine only carved about a inch of the carving. I figured out that the head didn't go all the way down. I tried to clean everything good and I greased the four corner post and the the 2 threaded rods that raise and lower the head. That worked good for about a week. Now I'm having the same problem. Do I have to take the whole thing apart and clean it? I know someone has had the same problem so I was just looking for some advice.

Frederick_P
11-27-2010, 03:47 PM
What kind of dust collection are you using?

AskBud
11-27-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm new at this. I've only been carving a few months and I love it. Now my machine is having problems and I need help. I was carving a plaque for my neighbor and the machine only carved about a inch of the carving. I figured out that the head didn't go all the way down. I tried to clean everything good and I greased the four corner post and the the 2 threaded rods that raise and lower the head. That worked good for about a week. Now I'm having the same problem. Do I have to take the whole thing apart and clean it? I know someone has had the same problem so I was just looking for some advice.
It would be nice the see both an actual photo of your bad carve, and your MPC. It may help us better understand what situation you encountered.
Here is one link about "checking the head for Level".
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?15961-Left-belt-moving-to-back-of-machine&p=135707#post135707
AskBud