PDA

View Full Version : Having E17-1009 Board Find Fault

Ducky63
11-26-2010, 02:47 PM
I'm trying to run the Christmas Sleigh for my Step Ganddaughter but I keep getting Board Finding Fault 17E-1009. I have CT chuck & using lastest Design Update 1.76. I'm trying to put it on a 10.000 X 10.000 X .750 Pine board. I had to reset depth because .810 the reader says is to deep, so I set it at .750 & made the sleigh large in size. I'm also running it on a 1/2" sled with 3 1/2" on each end. Thank you for your help!

AskBud
11-26-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm trying to run the Christmas Sleigh for my Step Ganddaughter but I keep getting Board Finding Fault 17E-1009. I have CT chuck & using lastest Design Update 1.76. I'm trying to put it on a 10.000 X 10.000 X .750 Pine board. I had to reset depth because .810 the reader says is to deep, so I set it at .750 & made the sleigh large in size. I'm also running it on a 1/2" sled with 3 1/2" on each end. Thank you for your help!
I'm not sure, as we might need a photo of your piece mounted on the sled.
I first suggest that you use masking tape.
Run a strip both across and down to face of the board, and sled, where the truck sensor will pass. That may be all you need.
Gaps & change in color both tend to confuse the sensor.

If you search the forum for "Masking Tape", you will find lots of info on the subject. I would post links, but I'm not in a position to do so at present.
AskBud

Ducky63
11-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Thanks Bud I'm like you because I'm in tennessee right now & I live in Iowa so I didn't bring much with me. We are here because Step Daughter had new baby on the 15th of Nov. & we are baby setting another one that is 13months old plus helpping out. The Sleigh is the free one for Nov. to Carvers Club. I did the snow man one & it worked fine but this one I get that error. I have even dropped it out & started over but still didn't work. I'll try the tape tomorrow if I have time. Thank you again.

fwharris
11-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Thanks Bud I'm like you because I'm in tennessee right now & I live in Iowa so I didn't bring much with me. We are here because Step Daughter had new baby on the 15th of Nov. & we are baby setting another one that is 13months old plus helpping out. The Sleigh is the free one for Nov. to Carvers Club. I did the snow man one & it worked fine but this one I get that error. I have even dropped it out & started over but still didn't work. I'll try the tape tomorrow if I have time. Thank you again.

Ducky,

Nov. 15th, same birthday as my daughter! It must have been a great Valintines Day! :-) !

At what step of the process are you getting the error???

Ducky63
11-27-2010, 08:23 AM
I get the error on the right side, when it goes to measure the thicknest of the board just before it would start the carving. Over on the sliding bar side, it goes down to measure three times then comes up with error. Oh I don't know about Valintines day because she was 6 weeks early, the same as the 13 month one & tomorrow on the 28th she will be 14 months. I know after we leave Mom is going to have her hands full with the two little ones. We are hoping to head to Iowa next week.

Smoken D
11-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Don't know if this will help but I was getting an error while the machine was checking the thickness of the material. The error occurred after the two touch downs on the far side then when it went down to touch the sliding plate the error would occur. All ya gotta do is check on the near side where the bit first goes down when measuring thickness. This is by the brass roller where it gets the Z axis reading before going to the other side. My bit was either still spinning or just a sharp blade and created a hole where the bit goes through, thus the bit went all the way down the Z axis and when getting the measurment on the opposite side readings went hay-wire so to speak. Here are a couple of photos as to what to look for. The board tracking sensor is where the hole is which has the brass roller on it. If that is not the problem keep looking. Good Luck

Ducky63
11-27-2010, 12:16 PM
I just tried to run the sleigh again but came up with same error. So with out shuting machine down or changing anything I thought that I would try to carve the snowman I did the other day. Went through everything but this time Z didn't move over to sliding bar side it just went to carve the snowman. Does this help you? I know I'm new at this but I don't know what to do now. Thanks for your help!!!!!