PDA

View Full Version : Router stops but the rest of the axis keep moving

Johhny
11-24-2010, 11:14 AM
I updated to the new software and tryed running a project. The machine homed and did all the rest of the stuff correctly but when it started to run the patern this is what happens:
work piece moves to position the router starts and the parern begins. Then the router stops and every thing else keeps moving draging the bit along. There is no error message and it will keep running if I do not stop it. Any help to trouble shoot this . It happens on all my projects.

mtylerfl
11-24-2010, 11:52 AM
I updated to the new software and tryed running a project. The machine homed and did all the rest of the stuff correctly but when it started to run the patern this is what happens:
work piece moves to position the router starts and the parern begins. Then the router stops and every thing else keeps moving draging the bit along. There is no error message and it will keep running if I do not stop it. Any help to trouble shoot this . It happens on all my projects.

Sounds like you have a dirty or defective lid switch. Try cleaning/blowing out the switches and see if that corrects the problem. If not, check your wiring connection from the switch to the cut motor. Might just be loose. (BTW - the right cover switch is the one that makes the connection to provide power to the cut motor.)

Ike
11-25-2010, 10:53 AM
Johnny, Michael is probably correct, but have you remove the cover lately? I ask because you may disconnected the motor wires and if not the has the Z truck ever had difficulties go all the way to the right to find the bit? Then with the power off you hand moved the truck pushing it until it engaged the bit plate? The 2 wires to cut motor with the bullet connectors may have move and blocked the truck and moving by hand or on it's own power may have hit the wires and broke the wire at the bullet connectors.

I have had this happen before and I had to replace the connectors and another time just replug the connections. Also the other day it happen to me after I stopped the carving during a carve. I pushed stop and when I pushed enter the motor did not turn on. I noticed on the screen it was still on the continue message, so I pressed enter again and the motor started.

Ike

AskBud
11-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Quick questions.
Does the noise level drop (can you still hear the whine of the motor)?
Can you feel the torque of the Flex Shaft?
Is it possible that the Flex Shaft is loose on one end or the other?
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
11-25-2010, 01:24 PM
First Post.... Is the machine new or used? Used.... Are the Cut Motor Hours over 250? If so... Then Cut Motor Brushes...

New... Switch or wires to motor are un plugged.... OR.... The C1 Capacitor on the X Termination Board under the machine is broken.

Happy Turkey Day... AL Turkey is in the Oven and Carve Machine is a Cuttin.... Life is GOOD....

Ike
11-25-2010, 02:13 PM
First Post.... Is the machine new or used? Used.... Are the Cut Motor Hours over 250? If so... Then Cut Motor Brushes...

New... Switch or wires to motor are un plugged.... OR.... The C1 Capacitor on the X Termination Board under the machine is broken.

Happy Turkey Day... AL Turkey is in the Oven and Carve Machine is a Cuttin.... Life is GOOD....

Al all you need is grandbabies at your house!! I am loving it 2 of 3 my two girls! We have 3 boys and the oldest 2 wonderful girls! The middle so my grandson and the youngest almost 18 unmarried and still working on it!

Happy Turkey day to you!

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
11-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Ike and MT,

AL Turkey was a success.... Quit sanding at 3:30 to peel potato's and make Turkey Day... 6:31 PM back in the shop to turn Sirius back on and the police scanner via the internet. I have a FM Transmitter in the window between the shops. Back to the Wood Shop, Dust Mask, FM Ear Muffs and start the CW and finish sanding little Bears.... Couldn't have it any better.... It's just Me and my Step Father...

Everything must be painted before I quit tonight so I can stain them in the morning.

As for the Cut Motor.... Might be a broken wire inside the motor... We have seen that before....

Good Luck,

AL

MT, thanks for the Call. Happy Turkey Day !!!!

mtylerfl
11-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Hi AL,

Glad you found the time to peel those potatos! Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving turkey and potato feed! (hope you had some pie too)

Also glad to hear someone else besides me is working today! Cleaning the workshop, "unpiling" the office, and playing catch-up on a few things. <grin>

Digitalwoodshop
11-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Since it started to snow here this afternoon then turned to rain, I was glad that I removed enough scrap wood from the wood shop to be able to work at a table today in the shop sanding.... It's been a long long time since I cleaned the wood shop.... I am making progress..... Being able to work on the deck all summer made me lazy....

Still painting bears at almost midnight..... Still lots to do.... It's all about the paint being dry so I can sand and stain tomorrow..... or later today... Machine is still cutting.... no Neighbors to worry about....

Back to work... Box O Bears in 3 Flavors...

AL

wasacop75
11-26-2010, 09:39 PM
I have had the bit not start a couple of times on the last few carvings. It is only on the 45 degree bit. Lifted the lid, spun the shaft a couple of times, and then hit the go button again. But then got an error message when i went to change bits again. really hate it when this happens toward the end of a 5 hour carve. Now to try again.