PDA

View Full Version : Some signs to show off!

Ike
11-23-2010, 08:28 PM
I finished a couple signs today I wanted to share and I found some others I took photos of and can't remember if I shared them? I hand routed the sign with Howser.

Hope you like them!

Ike

Kenm810
11-23-2010, 09:20 PM
Great Work Ike, ---- I Love to Toasted Trim!

dbfletcher
11-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Those are really nice Ike! But then again all your work seems to be top shelf.

Ike
11-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Thanks guys! Ok Ken what is toasted trim!

Ike

ajk
11-24-2010, 07:28 AM
beautiful work.
Hilda

JDPratt
11-24-2010, 08:11 AM
Like the bar sign. That is the same motto for one of the local pubs where I grew up. Definitely raised some eyebrows.

Kenm810
11-24-2010, 09:31 AM
Quoted-- "Ok Ken what is Toasted Trim!"

2: to make (as bread) crisp, hot, and brown by heat

3: to enhance (color or grain) the edges of wood plaques, or other projects by open flame or torch

Ps. Ike, I do it too -- Love the Smell of Toasted Hard/Soft Woods around the Shop in the Morning

CarverJerry
11-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Love your Liquor sign Ike......nice work and I too like the toasted trim.....

CJ

Ike
11-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Quoted-- "Ok Ken what is Toasted Trim!"

2: to make (as bread) crisp, hot, and brown by heat

3: to enhance (color or grain) the edges of wood plaques, or other projects by open flame or torch

Ps. Ike, I do it too -- Love the Smell of Toasted Hard/Soft Woods around the Shop in the Morning

LMAO Ken you are priceless!!! I call burning the edge, guess I am not too sharp to pick up toasted trim!

Thanks everybody for the nice comments, the poker sign is a saying I have known since I was a teen. When the customer asked for it I about fell over laughing! I grew up near Sacramento Ca in Folsom and there was a bar called Fannie Ann's and it had a sign that said, " Fannie Ann's, Liquor in the front, Poker in the rear!"

I was happy with the Gallo sign I wanted something different and came up with the design. The Howser sign was designed by the customer and I hand routed the carving and even hand drew the design!

Ike

mtylerfl
11-24-2010, 12:03 PM
Very nice, Ike! I agree...your signs are "top shelf"!