PDA

View Full Version : Rearranging Ptn Library

want2b
11-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Tried several searches with no luck, probably missing the obvious but is there anyway to move a PTN, copy one so it is a duplicate in a second folder, or delete one in the library?? Am using version 1.171
Am positive the earlier versions allowed me to delete an unwanted PTN and I'm reasonably sure I could move them to another folder. As usual the problem started with my error by creating a new folder accidentally as a sub-folder and saving the PTN. Of course later I went looking for the folder and eventually found it as the sub-folder. Have also reached the point where I want to change/create more categories. I can open those I created and save them to another folder but can't fiqure out how to delete the original and obviuosly can't open those not mine.
Thx, Rick H

Ike
11-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Rick I believe you can only move ptns you have made. You right click the mouse on a pattern then export a ptn you made. Also to delete a ptn right mouse click and delete.

One way to move any pattern to another category is open a new board and select a ptn from your patterns, then use your extract pattern function and it will save it a different section of your pattern file.

Ike

dbfletcher
11-23-2010, 09:28 PM
In designer, I can simply click on them and drag them in and out of folders in the favorites list. Is this not working for you? And as Ike said, right click and delete to remove them.

want2b
11-24-2010, 06:42 AM
That's what I was able to do in the older versions. Now when I left or right click the result is the same. Pattern appears in the view box and I can
then place the pattern on a board. I can double-click on patterns I created which will open the pattern editor which will allow me to 'Save to Library'
under a new folder. This allows me to have a duplicate but I can't delete or any of the other normal folder operations. I am on 1.171.
Thx, Rick H.