PDA

View Full Version : Help with Homing issues

mings140
11-20-2010, 01:24 PM
I just received my machine back from CW from getting it repaired. I tried a pattern 3 times but it kept condensing the carves and having the carve regions over lap. Now when I try to carve a project it asks me to load the bit goes through the homing phase and then asks me to load the same bit over and over. Anyone have any ideas???

Thanks
Mark

AskBud
11-20-2010, 02:32 PM
I just received my machine back from CW from getting it repaired. I tried a pattern 3 times but it kept condensing the carves and having the carve regions over lap. Now when I try to carve a project it asks me to load the bit goes through the homing phase and then asks me to load the same bit over and over. Anyone have any ideas???

Thanks
Mark
Hi Mark,
If the Touch Plate is not moving correctly, something is dirty, needs adjustment, or needs lubed. You should turn off the unit and move the truck to the far side (it should move with no effort, after the power has been off for about 30 seconds). If you have to force it along, you know some of the things to check/correct. If movement is easy, but it is hard to operate the Touch Plate, the track may have a dust/dirt build-up, the TP nay need lube, or a wire may be out of place just behind the TP (toward the back of the machine).

It's a shame that the unit has a problem upon return from LHR, what a bummer!
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
11-20-2010, 02:37 PM
First problem is or could be that you are telling the machine to stay under the rollers and the board is TOO SHORT and it scales the project smaller to get the necessary 7 inches required to stay under the rollers. Read Tips and Tricks on the CW main website to find other Pilot Errors that will drive you nuts..... Things you need to learn from the Tips and Tricks are Scaling, Sleds, Carrier boards, the 7 inch rule of wood to start.

Now for the load bit... The Bit is missing the Bit Plate and thinks you failed to load a bit. There is lots posted on the bit plate... But basically the Y head is not going over far enough to push the bit plate out.... #1 reason is the wires from the right side cover switch are not pushed back into the corner and the Z Motor is hitting it and preventing the Y Truck from reaching the Bit Flag. Many just tape a piece of foam to keep the flag intended all the time. Only if you use a 14.5 inch board will it be in the way.

Read tips and tricks....

Also use masking tape on the bottom of the board to let brass roller have something soft to bite into. Just along the brass roller edge of the board. When the board looses contact with the brass roller you work shifts in the X or board length direction.

Good Luck,

WELCOME,

AL