PDA

View Full Version : Can I Get a Little Help on a Project, Please?

cnsranch
11-19-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm having a brain cramp.

Found this really great pattern on the Sharing Depot, but it has a rectangle around it, setting the depth outside the pattern itself. I'm trying to figure out how to eliminate as much of the wasted space as I can, so I can add a name to the project, and place the name as close to the pattern as I can.

I want to add a medium draft to the letters, and when I get too close to the pattern, I lose the draft.

I know why I'm losing it - carve regions, additive/subtractive, etc., but I can't figure out how to fix it.

Help, gurus.

PCW
11-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Jerry,

That was one of mine and if you send me your email address in a PM I will send you the pattern file. I tried to attach the ptn but it's too large.

Digitalwoodshop
11-19-2010, 05:21 PM
That is a pretty impressive pattern.... Nice Work !!!!

AL

cnsranch
11-20-2010, 08:00 AM
Jerry,

That was one of mine and if you send me your email address in a PM I will send you the pattern file.

What are the chances of that happening? I didn't think I had a chance of finding the author!

It's a beaut, Dan - I'll make sure to post some pics.

Thanks.

cnsranch
11-20-2010, 08:52 AM
Thanks, Dan - this is going on the end of a saddle stand for my D' in Law. The stand will be pretty rough - intended that way. Building it with good old 2x4's. The carve should really set it off.

I usually do carves like this within a Carve Region - seems to set off the pattern much more. But this time, I really want it to look "hand carved" into the wood.

I'll post pics.

PCW
11-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Thanks, Dan - this is going on the end of a saddle stand for my D' in Law. The stand will be pretty rough - intended that way. Building it with good old 2x4's. The carve should really set it off.

I usually do carves like this within a Carve Region - seems to set off the pattern much more. But this time, I really want it to look "hand carved" into the wood.

I'll post pics.

Jerry,

You are more than welcome. I'm having a hard time uploading to the new forum format. When I goto add files the hour glass comes up but just doesn't stop. I can't seem to upload a small jpg. Must be doing something wrong.

I posted the file on mediafire if anyone else would like the pattern.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ihyknhx5xmm/Horseshoe_pcw.ptn

dbfletcher
11-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Dan,

You may want to doublecheck your link. This is what I see when I clicked on it.

NEVERMIND.. After I submitted this, tried again and it seems to be working fine. Must have been a timing issue.

CarverJerry
11-20-2010, 04:22 PM
Doug, the link worked fine for me and was able to d/l it with no problems.

CJ

cnsranch
12-27-2010, 09:48 AM
Thought you might like to see the outcome -

Thanks to Dan (PCW) and John (JPaluck) for the patterns - I really scored some brownie points with my new Daughter-In-Law on Christmas Morning.

Thanks again, guys.

Woodhacker
12-29-2010, 02:39 PM
That looks really nice Jerry. After seeing how well it came out, I got the ptn too...think it has some great possibilities.

Well, my reply went to the wrong place!! Or, truth be told, I clicked on the wrong reply button. Got it fixed now!!