PDA

View Full Version : Flash Card

D+10
12-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Hi Guys
I need some help please. We just got our Carvewright and tried to down load a pattern we designed to the flash card and got "ERROR WRITING TO FLASH DEVICE. FLASH IS DAMAGED OR CANNOT BE WRITTEN TO". We tried reseating the card many times, turned the computer off and rebooted, tried various settings (draft, regular, etc) I am out of ideas unless the card is no good. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mike

pkunk
12-17-2006, 02:28 PM
Hi Guys
I need some help please. We just got our Carvewright and tried to down load a pattern we designed to the flash card and got "ERROR WRITING TO FLASH DEVICE. FLASH IS DAMAGED OR CANNOT BE WRITTEN TO". We tried reseating the card many times, turned the computer off and rebooted, tried various settings (draft, regular, etc) I am out of ideas unless the card is no good. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mike
Try this...go to file>flash manager> format
Also if it doesn't see the card at all it 'could' be a bad card, but recheck all your connections. Are you going through a USB hub? Connect direct to the computer.

D+10
12-17-2006, 08:07 PM
Thanks PKUNK I tried that and no luck. I am hooked streight to the computers USB. I think I just got a duff card. We also were the lucky ones that had to re flash the computer and the unit only had one bit holder we could use. I feel like I hit the Lotery! I'll call Carvewright tomorrow.
Thanks again
Mike