PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Error 505

robbrigg2
11-18-2010, 12:07 PM
Ok guys... I've been searching the threads and no info on this one. I am getting a Fatal Error 505 on one of my machines. I will get the error 313 a couple times in a row and then the Fatal 505. Not sure what's going on. I'm just trying to get a precise reading on the thickness of a board. WHen it goes for the 1/8" Bit the head will go down then shoot up quick and give the 313. After the second round I get the fatal 505 any body know what's going on?

Digitalwoodshop
11-18-2010, 01:01 PM
I am betting it is a problem with:

Your bit is TOO LONG in the Chuck

It is a known problem with 1.175

AL

liquidguitars
11-18-2010, 01:17 PM
Also I would check the bearings for loose screws and frozen movement.

robbrigg2
11-18-2010, 01:23 PM
I thought about the bit (though I am not using 1.75) so I tried doing it without the bit just to see if it would prompt me for it.. I got the same results.

liquidguitars
11-18-2010, 01:43 PM
Also Check your FCC cable I remove the plastic cover to make sure i have a good connection.

Chief
11-19-2010, 11:11 AM
LG,

Pardon my ignorance but what is the "FCC" cable? I did a search but couldn't find anything.

Chief

robbrigg2
11-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Well it turned out to be my Z motor. It's in the shop now. That's ok considering the machine has over 500 hours on it. Thanks for your help guys. I did think it wierd that this error message had never been covered before.

Digitalwoodshop
11-19-2010, 05:17 PM
500 hours..... Good Job.

Don't forget to replace the Y Gear Box Bearings at 500 hours and you should be on your 3rd set of cut motor brushes.... If only the 2nd.... Then I would replace them now while you have it open.....

Plus while your at it.... Remove the Y Motor encoder cover and blow the dust out too..... That could be the z Motor Problem....

AL

liquidguitars
11-19-2010, 05:32 PM
LG,

Pardon my ignorance but what is the "FCC" cable? I did a search but couldn't find anything.

Chief

Hi Chief,

Thats the flat ribbion cable on the back of the truck..

Digitalwoodshop
11-19-2010, 08:12 PM
And I think it is the FSC Cable not FCC.... FCC(SW) was my navy Rate and Rank.... Fire Control Chief.... Surface Warfare.

The FSC cable can give you all kinds of errors... As the Z Encoder Data, Z Servo Motor Drive, and Board Sensor Data all go through that cable. Since it is a flat cable, it can get fractures in the copper and as it flexes it looses contact and causes the strange error....

It is good to have an extra FSC Cable on hand.... And lay the new cable over the old cable and make the folds. The last broken machine I bought had the FSC too SHORT on the Z Head and when it went over to the Bit Plate the cable was taunt.... Eventually it snapped some wires in the cable....

It drove the guy nuts.... Sold it for CHEAP.....

AL

liquidguitars
11-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Sorry, not FCC but FSC..