PDA

View Full Version : Board Sensor Error 400

Smoken D
11-18-2010, 09:37 AM
Had just cleaned the machine after the last project and was loading a board for the Nov POM. Measured width OK and while measuring length it stopped for board sensor error 400. Well, I went ahead and cleaned the lense and reloaded the board. It stopped again, but noted stopped at the same location as before. I was using cherry wood and looking at the location it stopped, there is a dark almost black sap line around 1/4" wide starting right at where it stopped and exactly in the center of the board. Ahh, so I flipped the board over, no sap line, begin again and the machine measured without any problem. Carving as I type.

AskBud
11-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Had just cleaned the machine after the last project and was loading a board for the Nov POM. Measured width OK and while measuring length it stopped for board sensor error 400. Well, I went ahead and cleaned the lense and reloaded the board. It stopped again, but noted stopped at the same location as before. I was using cherry wood and looking at the location it stopped, there is a dark almost black sap line around 1/4" wide starting right at where it stopped and exactly in the center of the board. Ahh, so I flipped the board over, no sap line, begin again and the machine measured without any problem. Carving as I type.
Rather than having to turn or change the board, tape across/down the expected truck, measuring, path eliminates these possible errors.
AskBud

Smoken D
11-18-2010, 01:47 PM
Thanks Bud, I thought of doing that but I wanted to see if the problem was being created because it was picking up the sap thus causing the error. After flipping it over, no sap, and the machine read everything OK, I guess the problem was created by the presence of the sap. Putting tape over sensor locations will thus end any discoloration problems seen by the machine on the wood.

Chief
11-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Bud,

I wasn't aware that the CW could actually see. When it's measuring anything, I thought that it was the tactile feel that the machine relied on for its measurements. Am I wrong?

Chief

fwharris
11-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Bud,

I wasn't aware that the CW could actually see. When it's measuring anything, I thought that it was the tactile feel that the machine relied on for its measurements. Am I wrong?

Chief

Yes wrong.. That is what the board sensor does..