PDA

View Full Version : Another Off Board carve

badger2424
11-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Started on a 6 1/2 hr carve and about 1/2 way through when the carver stopped and I got "Please clean Y rails." Cleaned the rails, hit start then the bit went through some letters that it was suppose to carve over. Thought after reading some posts that it could be my mpc file was bad so I totally redid the carve as a new file. Meantime I took apart the machine, cleaned, oiled, lubed, blew the dust out and completely cleaned the machine. To make sure the machine was working right, I did a 36 minute carve that came out perfect. Cleaned again, formated flash drive, loaded the new carve pattern and started again.
This time I got 53 percent done, with vacuum running continiously-and I would stop and clean completely inside every 5% of carve, when I got "Please Clean Y rails" again. Did that, hit start and carver cut all the way across the board. I hit stop and the carver slammed up against the side of the inside and gave me the "Y axis stall err e05-0303. Only has about 200 hours on referbished model. Anybody think its the y gear box with so few hours? All help greatly appreciated!

Sent both pics39940, the first one is the last carve. MPC is zip

Digitalwoodshop
11-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Well I am thinking in feed or out feed roller not set proper... Is the board bumping into a TOO HIGH out feed roller and torquing the board UP causing a Y jam.

AL

badger2424
11-15-2010, 07:58 PM
I don't think it is, but I did just set them for this board to where they were just barely touching to try to keep it level. But I might have gotten them too high. The small boards are working fine and this board is about 37 inches so it could very well could be. I'll adjust tomorrow and see if that helps. Thanks.

badger2424
11-16-2010, 11:11 AM
Well I adjusted the outfeed tables (they may have been a touch tight) and started the carve again, it went about 4 lines farther than the last when I decided to open the lid and vacuum the dust out completly. The carver kept going when I opened the lid so I shut it back and then it dug into the board and cut across pass the edge then gave me a "Clean y rails" message again. Cleaned again, hit start and the carver tried to start cutting outside of board, stopped and gave me the "Y axis stall, err E05-0303 again. First time I've seen the cutter keep going when I opened the lid. I guess when it rains it pours. I know the board isn't bowed or cupped but I can't figure out why its happening about the same place each time. Any suggestions?

cnsranch
11-16-2010, 01:32 PM
I'd try to format the card and start over - it could be a code issue.......

Digitalwoodshop
11-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Well we are making PROGRESS.... That is GOOD....

I think the Table adjustment might have worked.... Time will tell....

Now for opening the cover.... What happened is the right side switch worked properly and turned off the Cut Motor return path... The LEFT switch that tells the computer that you opened the cover is STUCK engaged... so the computer never got the message to stop and with the cut motor stopped.... The Y stalled and when you restarted the Y had lost it's place and slammed into the side and stalled......

Clean the switch, blow Air... Radio shack and Electronic Stores sell Electrical contact Cleaner... That you could shoot into the switch and clean the junk out of it.... PLUS some have posted taking it apart and cleaning it.... Or order a new one....

Even Alcohol will work.... But air blow it dry before powering up.

Good Luck,

AL

badger2424
11-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Thanks Al, I'll do that and run again. Jerry, I did format the card before loading the last pattern thinking, as you did, that it could be a card problem. Another day of trying different fixes I guess. But that seems to be half fun!!

badger2424
11-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Smiles and More smiles!! Happy days are here again!! Al, did all you said and the carve is almost done on the practice board and hopefully things will go as well on the finished product. Its a great filling when things work out the way they are suppose to. Many thanks to all that responded. I'll be talking to you again, ---and again THANKS.