PDA

View Full Version : Question re Editing a Scan for you Smart Folks

cnsranch
11-12-2010, 04:08 PM
OK, so here's what I did.......

12 hour scan (don't want to do that over again). I placed the item to be scanned in my sled, but I raised it above the floor of the sled with small, 3/4" blocks of plywood so I could get the whole thing scanned, and not have the sled interfere.

Problem is, I set the depth about 1/4" below the actual item, and what I ended up with is a pattern that's .95" thick (should really be only .75").

So, how do I reduce the thickness of the pattern WITHOUT reducing the detail, height, etc. In other words, how do I take thickness of of the backside of a pattern???

I know that you can change the thickness of a pattern in Designer on the board, but you tend to also flatten it.

You guys smell what I'm steppin' in?

AskBud
11-12-2010, 04:43 PM
OK, so here's what I did.......

12 hour scan (don't want to do that over again). I placed the item to be scanned in my sled, but I raised it above the floor of the sled with small, 3/4" blocks of plywood so I could get the whole thing scanned, and not have the sled interfere.

Problem is, I set the depth about 1/4" below the actual item, and what I ended up with is a pattern that's .95" thick (should really be only .75").

So, how do I reduce the thickness of the pattern WITHOUT reducing the detail, height, etc. In other words, how do I take thickness of of the backside of a pattern???

I know that you can change the thickness of a pattern in Designer on the board, but you tend to also flatten it.

You guys smell what I'm steppin' in?
See if this works!
1) Bring up your MASTER, in Editor.
2) Invert your pattern (Start watching the results on the left screen).
3) reduce your depth.
4) re-invert your pattern.

I just tried this on one of mine, and it seemed to hold the top form fairly well.
AskBud

eromran
11-12-2010, 05:52 PM
You could also 1) Bring up your MASTER, into Editor. Then just use the filter at the top to lower it. It takes material off the back and reduces the depth also.