PDA

View Full Version : Confused and somthing simple??

dbfletcher
11-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Ok, i've done this a hundred times, but I dont understand why this isnt working. Often times I will take and outline of a pattern, and the create a carve region with it. Then I create new carve regions and set the depth to 0 for areas I want to remove. The I select the carve regaions and select outline pattern again and it creates a new path without the unwanted areas. See attached screenshots. When i did it with a rectangle at the top, it worked. When I try to remove the ends of the bats, it isnt working.

Anyone got a ideas or know what I'm doing wrong?? I'll post the images next.

dbfletcher
11-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Here are screen shots

PS.. I have no idea why the forum doesnt post the images in the order I select them.

cnsranch
11-12-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm confused, but do you need to merge additive/subtractive, clip carving, etc??

dbfletcher
11-12-2010, 03:11 PM
I dunno.. I never have in the past... but I did play around with all thoses options last nite but didnt find anything to work. It just keep adding the 0 depth carve region as part of the path when i try to remove the bat ends. The odd thing is the composite carve region looks correct and is what i want. I just dont understand why it wants to include the 0 depth carve region in the outline.

cnsranch
11-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Still confused - looks like it's working to me.....

Oh, and BTW - you can drag your jpegs to the order you want them after uploading them, but before hitting "done" when managing your attachments.

dbfletcher
11-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Well.. yes that one worked. I posted two examples.. the upper rectangle one worked like I'm used to. When I try the same technique to remove the bat end.. it includes the 0 depth carve region as part of the outline. Thanks for the tip on rearranging the images.. didnt know that. I included the first example (upper rectangle) to show what I was expecting to happen. Look at test4 & test5 jpegs to see what i mean.

dbfletcher
11-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Hmmm.. should i assume this is by design then and it was just dumb luck that all the other times I have used this technique I just got lucky?