PDA

View Full Version : Help with a scan...

wgrecco
11-09-2010, 03:39 PM
To all,

I installed my newly aquired probe this morning and attempted my first scan. TO ME, it appears to have come out fine when I look at the image in Pattern Editor but when I put it on a board in Designer, it looks lousy. I was wondering if anyone can take a look at the scanned image and let me know what they think and what I need to do to make it come out ok. I have NEVER used Pattern Editor before.

TerryT
11-09-2010, 04:25 PM
It looks like you used either draft or normal to make the scan. It is a little rough but it should clean up ok in pattern editor. Try smoothing it.

lynnfrwd
11-09-2010, 04:35 PM
It looks like you used either draft or normal to make the scan. It is a little rough but it should clean up ok in pattern editor. Try smoothing it.

We totally agree with this assessment! ;)

wgrecco
11-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Actually I used BEST quality for the scan

TerryT
11-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Then the scanned item may have been a little too small. The solution still stands however. Use pattern editor and remove noise and/or smoothing and you should still get a good pattern out of it.

bjbethke
11-09-2010, 09:07 PM
To all,

I installed my newly aquired probe this morning and attempted my first scan. TO ME, it appears to have come out fine when I look at the image in Pattern Editor but when I put it on a board in Designer, it looks lousy. I was wondering if anyone can take a look at the scanned image and let me know what they think and what I need to do to make it come out ok. I have NEVER used Pattern Editor before.

We can't do anything with a PTN file, only you can make changes to the PTN, We would need a copy of the original MPW file that you scanned. Looks like the Badge may have been loose on your Scanning Sled. The tapping of the probe on a loose object can give you a rough image.
PM me with your e-mail, maybe I could help. BJB