PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Duty Traction Belts

lynnfrwd
11-08-2010, 02:27 PM
The Heavy Duty Traction Belts are not Kevlar or Kevlar re-enforced. They are rubberized re-enforced PVC.

liquidguitars
11-08-2010, 03:14 PM
people mover belts at a airport near you :)

mtylerfl
11-08-2010, 03:20 PM
The Heavy Duty Traction Belts are not Kevlar or Kevlar re-enforced. They are rubberized re-enforced PVC.

I could have sworn they had Kevlar sourced from Holland, as I recall...formula/spec change? No matter...they are practically indestructible either way!

lynnfrwd
11-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Nope. No change. Same rugged belts.

Not sure where the Kevlar part came into it, but we needed to dismiss that as we were called out on it. I've been searching to find out where that may have come from as it is not on any of our product descriptions that I can locate. No matter, just needed to clarify.

dbfletcher
11-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Nope. No change. Same rugged belts.

Not sure where the Kevlar part came into it, but we needed to dismiss that as we were called out on it. I've been searching to find out where that may have come from as it is not on any of our product descriptions that I can locate. No matter, just needed to clarify.

I dont know if this was the start of it, but this post is one of the earliest I recall that mentioned it.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?10599-Traction-Belts&p=82850#post82850

From Ken's post above... No wonder this idea wont die. It been going on for a long time I guess! Anyways, I guess it doesnt matter what they are constructed of.... they are definately much better then and sandpaper ones.

Kenm810
11-08-2010, 05:38 PM
This is the earliest mention of the (New Kevlar belts) that I've seen. 12-01-07

Capt Bruce
01-20-2012, 06:58 AM
DARN IT, and there I thought I had bullet proof belts on my new machine.

Regardless, one of the best improvements to the CW with great traction and no watching for rolled-over edges. I've had to change my habits when shifting a board slightly in the machine and really lift the board up before nudging it a bit. That's traction my friends. Keep up the good work Team CarveWright.

Nick68
12-21-2012, 08:31 PM
I follow LG's recomendation...cut .250 off the key pad side of the belts...and the 4.5" rule.

Marry Christmas All.