PDA

View Full Version : Sears Compucarve - accessories

millslum
12-16-2006, 06:41 PM
I have gone out and purchased the Compucarve machine and was wondering if sears has been given the accessories to sell yet. I see the accesories on the carvewright page and I have seen similiar products on the sears website for example 1/4" Quickrout bit adapters. They seem to be the same product they do not look different or are they??? Here is the URL
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Power+Tool+Accessories&pid=00926695000&vertical=TOOL&subcat=Router+Bits&BV_SessionID=@@@@1998475165.1166308425@@@@&BV_EngineID=cckhaddjimeekghcefecemldffidfmm.0

Usually sears manuals are better than what they have sold with this system about giving product numbers and part accessories. Looks like they just used carvewrights maunal and just change the product name and manufacture around. Looks like if sears does sell compatable products I will have to fish around for them to find them.

I am also interested in getting the scannner attachment will sears be getting this to sell??? I have seen some postings that some carvewright posters have placed and they said when they received it that it had the compucarve name on it. Is there anyway to order online on the carvewright website or is it just a call in service?

pkunk
12-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Just call Carvewright for the parts you need. Their prices are better than most and their service is great. You may have difficulty for the next few days in contacting them as they're moving to larger quarters.

Dan-Woodman
12-16-2006, 09:32 PM
Millslum
Sears sells a router collet adapter kit. You remove your collet on your existing router and install the quick change adapter and install the bit adapters on your bits and you can change bits instantly just as on the compucarve . This is another LHR inovation, and the bit adapters will fit the compucarve or carvewright . You can also call carvewright and order collet adapters to fit other routers such as Porter Cable.