PDA

View Full Version : Hoping to get machine back up and running

Woodhacker
11-07-2010, 02:57 PM
My machine went down several months ago and I have not been able to fix it myself. Got some help here on the forum, but ran up against a wall. So, gonna bread down and call Sears tomorrow. Have the 5-year repair contract, so am hoping they will get it done. Think there are several things wrong with it. Won't see the board (even with tape), won't measure for depth and a couple other things. Sure would like to get back to carving!!

fwharris
11-07-2010, 03:07 PM
My machine went down several months ago and I have not been able to fix it myself. Got some help here on the forum, but ran up against a wall. So, gonna bread down and call Sears tomorrow. Have the 5-year repair contract, so am hoping they will get it done. Think there are several things wrong with it. Won't see the board (even with tape), won't measure for depth and a couple other things. Sure would like to get back to carving!!

We want you back to carving as well!! Have you gone throught the "sensor readings"? They are helpful in identifying problems like your board sensor.

Woodhacker
11-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Weeeellllllllll now. Got the machine back from Sears. Only thing is, they didn't send back the bits, memory card or card reader. Or the bit holders. They said they didn't arrive at the repair depot in Texas. Then they called me and said they had found some parts in the tech area and they gathered up the stuff I was missing. NOT the accessories I sent in, just ones they had laying around. They say it will be shipped on Monday. Gonna be interesting to see what they send. I was really leery of them to start with and they have fulfilled all my worst dreams. Sure wish they had sent the machine back to the factory for repair. At least they would have been able to find the parts...lol. Will let ya'll know what the outcome of all this is when I get the parts back.

Woodhacker
12-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Got the parts back and put it all together. Loaded a carve and started it. When the machine went to the left side to measure depth it gave me a Z axis stall error E06-313. Now, truck is stuck on kepboard side and can't move it by hand. Guess it will go back for another round of repair. Not gonna send the accessories this time!! Wish me luck.

dbfletcher
12-02-2010, 10:52 AM
It sounds like it drilled thru the plastic plate on the keypad side and possible the bit got hung up. Take a flashlight and see if the bit didnt go in to the plastic. If so, you should be able to work it out and then some 5 min expoxy to close the hole should get u back up and running again.

Woodhacker
12-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Sure wish I had seen this post as soon as it was posted...boxxed the machine up and sent it back to Sears. Hope they get it fixed. Thanks Doug.