PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Website

blackshamrock
11-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Last spring I ordered the premium belts from the online store in Canada and paid for them by credit card. I recieved a email from George stating they were on back order, and asked if I still wanted to order them. I replied that I still wanted them when they were in stock. Several months later I emailed George again asking when hey would arrive. George is no longer responding to my emails.
I contacted Carvewright in the states and they informed me that George is a vendor and they have no responsibility for suppling the belts.
I am very disappointed in Carvewright for not making good for this mixup. After all it was a Carvewright site I was ordering thru.
Carvewright informed me i could place an order thru the American site, but as I have already spent $ 160 and recieved nothing i doubt very much it will happen. Without the belts the machine is useless, I guess it will sit in the shop unused with minimal hours on it till it can be resolved.
I have a woodshop full of tools and have never been treated like this by any other maufacturer including Asian ones.
I doubt Carvewright will allow this posting to remain for long, but I wanted to warn others who may use the Canadian site as you may be just throwing your money away as I apparentley have.

dbfletcher
11-07-2010, 09:33 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties and I completely understand your frustration. I am not in Canada so I personally have never dealt with George. However, there are several memeber on the forum who also are from Canada. I believe they have had mixed result as well, but hopefully they will respond and let you know what method of communication has worked best with dealing with George. I'm sure you will able to get this resolve in a timely fashion. Good luck and I hope some of the other Canadian users chime in with advice soon.

Frederick_P
11-07-2010, 10:49 AM
I am afraid that I would have to agree that there is a common problem dealing with this vender. If it is a completely independent operation, it was unwise for the Carvewright people to post on their web site "Canadian Customers click here" to be redirected to another site that is using the Carvewright branding. I have given up on this site and wish that it was taken down as it is only drawing negative attention. George does not respond to my emails either and so I no longer try but order my parts directly from Carvewright in the states.

I know that the machine had a good chance of getting a foothold in Canada as there were two or three major tool store chains that picked it up but then dropped it after being unable to get any parts or service. I am shocked that LHR would let such a large market flounder. I am puzzled why they have not established a presence in Canada and while I can order parts from LHR, I am told that they cannot ship the machine because of the weight. This also seems strange to me as I have had many other items shipped from the United States that were much larger and heavier than this machine. Why come up with a great product only to ignore hundreds or thousands of eager potential customers? It's a real head scratcher!

A while ago I suggested that we set up a Canadian users group. I still think this is a good idea unless LHR is planning to rectify this situation. It would be nice if they responded to this thread with some honest answers.

As far as your money is concerned, I would contact your credit card company and initiate a chargeback to have the money credited to your account. It should be no problem. You can then order your belts from LHR. I recently ordered three sets for about twenty bucks a set and they were here in about a week and a half. I am in Calgary. If you are close by, perhaps I can help you out.

henry1
11-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Last spring I ordered the premium belts from the online store in Canada and paid for them by credit card. I recieved a email from George stating they were on back order, and asked if I still wanted to order them. I replied that I still wanted them when they were in stock. Several months later I emailed George again asking when hey would arrive. George is no longer responding to my emails.
I contacted Carvewright in the states and they informed me that George is a vendor and they have no responsibility for suppling the belts.
I am very disappointed in Carvewright for not making good for this mixup. After all it was a Carvewright site I was ordering thru.
Carvewright informed me i could place an order thru the American site, but as I have already spent $ 160 and recieved nothing i doubt very much it will happen. Without the belts the machine is useless, I guess it will sit in the shop unused with minimal hours on it till it can be resolved.
I have a woodshop full of tools and have never been treated like this by any other maufacturer including Asian ones.
I doubt Carvewright will allow this posting to remain for long, but I wanted to warn others who may use the Canadian site as you may be just throwing your money away as I apparentley have.
Where are you in Canada,,,,,,,,,, I am in Ontario maybe I can help you out
I will send you a private message with my email addres just email me maybe I can help
Henry

blackshamrock
11-07-2010, 03:50 PM
I am glad to know that I am not the only one who is frustrated. Unfortunatley I used a preaid credit card for this purpose only as most tools I buy directly from local supliers, but unfortunatley Busybee stopped handling the Carvewright in vancouver where I reside.
I said I ws happy to know i was the only one, but, alas, I kind of wish I was the only one to experience this problem

lynnfrwd
11-07-2010, 05:46 PM
We have made multiple attempts to get the carvewright.ca website taken down as recently as this last week and over the last six months. Please order parts from the US site or call us. Remember LHR never does payment through PayPal. It is NOT our site. We do not own that domain and cannot make changes to it. The show dates are from 2008 and 2009. There are currently NO demonstrations in Canada. If you believe you have orders pending please send me a private message and your phone number. I will contact you personally.

We are in the process of negotiating with a new provider in Canada. An announcement will be made when finalized.

dbfletcher
11-07-2010, 06:01 PM
We have made multiple attempts to get the carvewright.ca website taken down as recently as this last week and over the last six months. Please order parts from the US site or call us. Remember LHR never does payment through PayPal. It is NOT our site. We do not own that domain and cannot make changes to it. The show dates are from 2008 and 2009. There are currently NO demonstrations in Canada. If you believe you have orders pending please send me a private message and your phone number. I will contact you personally.

We are in the process of negotiating with a new provider in Canada. An announcement will be made when finalized.

I think Fredrick was refering to the link from the "store" site on the LHR website.

http://store.carvewright.com/home.php

Top right hand corner there is a link that directs Canadian customers to Carvewright.ca. Fredrick has a point.. if you are trying to sever those ties, it really should be removed from the LHR website.

Frederick_P
11-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Lynn,
thank you for replying to this thread. It is good to see a response from a member of LHR (on a Sunday even!). Since this site uses your branding, if you do not authorize that use, then you would be in a position to take legal action. Most service providers will take down a site if there is a breach of copyright or trademark. A strong letter from your lawyer to the service provider of this site should do the trick.

It also may put you in a liable position if you have in the past endorsed this site by directing customers to it and allowed it to operate as a seeming extension of your company by using your branding, having a domain of "carvewright.ca", etc. Therefore it would be prudent to make this a priority before it gets messy. Life is too short to have to deal with issues like this, especially if it escalates.

I am happy that you are in negotiations with a new distributor. We will all be waiting anxiously to see how that pans out.

Thanks for replying.

henry1
11-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Lynn,
thank you for replying to this thread. It is good to see a response from a member of LHR (on a Sunday even!). Since this site uses your branding, if you do not authorize that use, then you would be in a position to take legal action. Most service providers will take down a site if there is a breach of copyright or trademark. A strong letter from your lawyer to the service provider of this site should do the trick.

It also may put you in a liable position if you have in the past endorsed this site by directing customers to it and allowed it to operate as a seeming extension of your company by using your branding, having a domain of "carvewright.ca", etc. Therefore it would be prudent to make this a priority before it gets messy. Life is too short to have to deal with issues like this, especially if it escalates.

I am happy that you are in negotiations with a new distributor. We will all be waiting anxiously to see how that pans out.

Thanks for replying.
This is getting to be very interesting can't wait to see the outcome

lynnfrwd
11-07-2010, 06:58 PM
I am in sales and customer support so I cannot speak to that part of it. I can try to resolve customer issues and attempt to avoid future ones. I see the link that didn't get removed and will try to get someone to remove it.

blackshamrock
11-08-2010, 12:51 PM
I am glad to see that someone from LHR has responded and this post was not deleted immediatley as I have questioned for months whether to bring this to the forum, as I hoped I was the only one involved, and resolution would be quick.
I dont know your email Lynn, but mine is blackshamrock@hotmail for the last 15 or so

WRW
11-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Blackshamrock
You are not likely to get anything from George. I received this email on October 7 from George.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To All Valued Carvewright Owners

I would like to begin by sincerely apologizing for the lack of service and or support you have been experiencing. I can only begin to imagine how frustrated you must be. I have no justification or words of encouragement for you at this moment in time. CarveWright Canada will soon be taken over by a much larger corporate entity who has the infrastructure necessary to provide the service levels required to meet your expectations.

I will no longer be your contact person, if you have any questions or require assistance you can call Carvewright USA direct at 713-473-4565 or

( I have removed part of the email as the information provided is not yet accurate.)

Once again, my Apologies for having let you down and hopefully this will not affect your “Love” for your CarveWright machine.

Best Regards,
George
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I understand your frustration with the situation as I am also caught up in the middle of this break down between Carvewright Canada and Carvewright USA and attempting to resolve it with Carvewright USA.
Personally, I think they are just having a few growing pains in a hard economic time. I do hope they consider that the best advertising they can have in Canada is happy CarveWright users talking about a great product and the support they get when there is a problem regardless of which side of the border you are on.
My Two Cents

Frederick_P
11-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Lynn, got the Thanksgiving Day sale email, clicked on the software link, and saw that the "Canadian Customers" link is back up and the carvewright.ca web site is still up and running. Have you kissed and made up with George or is this a mistake? How is that Canadian distributor deal going anyways? Any expected timeline???

lynnfrwd
11-22-2010, 01:31 PM
We were not able to remove it from the top of the page on the STORE link. Don't ask me why not, I don't even understand it. NO! The Canadian Website SHOULD NOT BE USED!!!

blackshamrock
11-30-2010, 06:03 PM
Thats great that you dont support the canadian website, but your link is there, aka you are supporting them. Talk to your website guy to remove the link. Its not that complicated. If you send me Georges last name I will pay to sue him. I know it is 3643174 canada inc, but only you guys know his last name. How long is this crap going to go on.
Thank God I didnt buy a machine from him.

Rick

blackshamrock
11-30-2010, 06:09 PM
By the way

Lynn,

you stated that Carvewright doesnt deal with paypal, but, is that on your website anywhere, are we supposed to guess?

lynnfrwd
12-22-2010, 11:15 AM
You can see when you check out from our store at www.carvewright.com what your payment options are...Discover, MasterCard, Visa & American Express.