PDA

View Full Version : Err E16-0920 When measuring thickness of board

badger2424
11-06-2010, 04:28 PM
I keep getting this when trying to measure the thickness of a board. The first time I tried to measure the board, the machine went through the complete process till at the end I got the message err E16-0920, and now I get the err every time I try to measure thickness as soon as I push the measure thickness button. I used the 1/16th carving bit to measure, is that the right bit? The carver asked for a 1/16th cutting bit so I figured that was the correct one.

badger2424
11-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Using Project Designer 1.175 Build 8804

badger2424
11-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Used the 1/8 cutting bit and it worked. Wrong bit I guess.

Digitalwoodshop
11-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Good Job understanding what happened..... With a project, the only reason the machine cares about the board thickness is when you have a Cut Path on the board. Then it will touch the right side guide plate and the top of the board. Unless you have a sled or carrier board where it will ask you Project or Board.... Board would be the carrier board PLUS the project board... That usually results in over 1 inch and the machine cannot do a cut path on a 1 inch board. The other selection is Project.... This is the thickness you put in your Designer Project.

The machine is looking for the length of the 1/8th inch cutting bit to be sure you have the correct bit in the machine.

I understand you used the keypad function to check thickness. The unwritten rule is that you do it with the 1/8th inch Cutting Bit.

Good Job finding the problem.

AL