PDA

View Full Version : Y axis belt

drhvabch
11-06-2010, 01:29 PM
I have an error that the Y axis belt has slipped..does anyone know how to reset or recal the belt

Digitalwoodshop
11-06-2010, 07:04 PM
When you turn the machine on it bumps into the keypad side and that is the homing process. If you hear the belt or gear box clicking then it can be one of a few things.....

The screw on the right side of the machine holding the return pulley and the dust cover on the cut motor can be loose.... The right side of that assembly has a spring and that is the correct tension. The Screw when tightened holds the sprocket from moving.

Second... How many hours do you have on the machine? 500? or 20? If 500 then it could be bad gear box bearings. Lots of posts on that.

I use a 1/16 th end mill to cut FRP Plastic and today I got a click and I just changed the bearings yesterday. Turned out the bit is getting dull and the quick cutting speed or the fast travel of the head was moving faster than the bit could clear the chips....

I selected all the cut paths and assigned the 1/4 inch ball nose bit to them. I still installed my 1/16th bit but the machine cut in first gear very slow. For me, the results was a better quality cut.... I will do that from now on.....

Normally the cut path has more than one speed.... Slow or 1st gear on corners.... then faster of 2nd gear for long runs.... That is when it would skip a tooth in Y....

Hope that helps.

AL

fwharris
11-06-2010, 07:04 PM
The adjustment for the Y belt is on the far side by the cut motor. Usuing a short or offset screw diver you can loosen the screw and adjust the belt tennsion.

Here is a pdf on the y-motor pack that should have the belt tennsion adjustment.
http://www.carvewright.com/service/Service_instructions/CarveWright_service_replace_y-motor_pack.pdf

Digitalwoodshop
11-06-2010, 07:07 PM
I see that this is your first post.... So go find Tips and Tricks on the CarveWright web page and it will give you tons of great tips. There is so much to learn about the machine.

Welcome,

AL

drhvabch
11-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Thank you for your help, I adjusted the belt with the tension er and solved not only one problem but also a bit plate problem..Thank you again..Doug

Digitalwoodshop
11-08-2010, 10:30 AM
The wires form the right side cover switch can cause bit plate problems. The fins of the Z Motor bump into the wires of they are out of place.

They need to be in the corner and out of the way.

AL