PDA

View Full Version : text centerline

feather
11-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Can someone tell me if you can import text?
Like Captain Howdy or Oklahoma in to the library so that you can use the centerline text with it?
Thankx in advance

TerryT
11-05-2010, 07:05 PM
The designer software uses the fonts that are on your computer. Just download Oklahoma and install it in your windows font directory and it will be available in designer.

dbfletcher
11-05-2010, 07:32 PM
I have found on occasion I have had to exit and restart designer for it to recognize a newly installed font. Doesnt happen all the time, but if it doesnt show up right in designer, it is worth a shot. Oddly it only seems to affect designer. I have tried the same thing with other programs (MS Word, Wordpad) and never had the issue with them.

Kenm810
11-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Doug,

I noticed the same thing a couple of times
http://font.cc/791-oklahoma.ttf.html

mtylerfl
11-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Hi Doug,

It's normal for some programs to need to be restarted after installing a font before the program can recognize that it's there. I'm guessing those programs read the Windows font folder once when they start up. If a font is installed after it is already running, then the font is "invisible" to it until the program is started the next time, when it will read the font folder once again. Not particularly unusual, I suppose.

You're right that some programs do not require a restart - the more recent versions of CorelDraw are like that. I can install a font even when the program is running and the font will show up in its list when I open it to select a font. I do seem to recall the early CorelDraw versions required a restart similar to Designer in order to assure the reload of the font listing.

feather
11-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Thanks all of you I am new so a little slow but I see now after re-booting that i can see the centerline text.