PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Conversation on your site

Greybeard
12-16-2006, 05:51 AM
Hello all!
This is my first time on this site.
I would like to tell what I really like the topic "CarveWright Software".
I've been reading it for a while, and I have learned so much here.
So, I decided to try my luck asking a few questions...
How can you IM, PM or whatever you call it to certain members? .
I'd like to ask more questions about this project.
By the way, nice domain name carvewright.com.

Welcome Pol.
I notice you've made the identically worded posting to the cnczone forum, and I'm sure you'll find the same warm welcome here.
As most people's experience is still growing, I think posting your questions in public would bring the quickest response, and the answers would contribute to everyone's learning process.

Jeff_Birt
12-16-2006, 11:54 AM
Just FYI:

This guy is Phishing, his IP address is from Isreal, not the US as he claims. Others have already pointed out that the same message is popping up on many other forums. Sor don't get scammed into devulging your IM address or other personal info.

pkunk
12-16-2006, 12:30 PM
Just FYI:

This guy is Phishing, his IP address is from Isreal, not the US as he claims. Others have already pointed out that the same message is popping up on many other forums. Sor don't get scammed into devulging your IM address or other personal info.
I deleted both of them. The number of these spammers is increacing rapidly if you watch who our new members are and where they're from. I wish we had control over who could join! The last 5 to join will never have a Carvewright, just smut.
Edit. I just counted 32 smut peddlers joined since Dec. 14

RobertP
12-16-2006, 04:23 PM
There is a way with this forum software to allow actually banning the IP address, Are they all from the same or different?

pkunk
12-16-2006, 04:27 PM
There is a way with this forum software to allow actually banning the IP address, Are they all from the same or different?
They're different but the Carvewright guys are busy moving to new digs for the next few days. We Mods don't have that power, I don't think. Maybe you should call ChrisM mid week and discuss it with him.

RobertP
12-16-2006, 04:48 PM
Good idea, Ill do that, There is a way, but they have to set it up. Maybe I should have volunteered to be a mod as well :wink: :lol:

pkunk
12-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Good idea, Ill do that, There is a way, but they have to set it up. Maybe I should have volunteered to be a mod as well :wink: :lol:
The more the merrier! :D Volunteer!

cmorlier
12-18-2006, 11:18 AM
We have actually banned IP addressese and ranges of address, but it doesn't really do much good. The same types of ads keep popping up.

Bill
01-06-2007, 03:49 PM
I think for now, the best and most easy way to deal with this is to let them post and just remove
the post when you come across it or someone notifies one of the mods.

If you actually banned IP addresses and ranges of address you
could actually be blocking some of your customers.

SpiffyDog
01-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Unfortunately, blocking the IP addresses will only be temporary as these guys will just use proxy servers to hide their real IP address. The email verification is good. Also, some php forum programs allow the use of a visual verification as well.

pkunk
01-08-2007, 11:57 AM
I'm locking this topic.