PDA

View Full Version : Conforming vectors

MCGEE2SKINNER
11-01-2010, 05:55 PM
HI
Installed conforming vectors all i need now for someome to tell me how to operate it.
I just can't figure it out. I want to put text on a cane .
thanks
jim

AskBud
11-01-2010, 06:19 PM
HI
Installed conforming vectors all i need now for someome to tell me how to operate it.
I just can't figure it out. I want to put text on a cane .
thanks
jim39664
Conforming Vectors, is for use on Centerline text that is placed on a carved Region, as well as other vectors.
You have selected Raster instead of Centerline.
You will see a "New Check Box" with the word "Conform" to the right of the size boxes.
Here is a link to one thread on Conform
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?13190-merging-centerline-text-with-other-patterns&p=140346#post140346
AskBud

Kenm810
11-01-2010, 06:25 PM
I would Pick Centerline and Check the Conform Box,
and maybe use the 60-Degree V-Groove bit rather than the Default 90-Degree bit.
You may also need to flatten a small area on the side of the cane -- until someone
can get the text to follow the curve of the cane

Digitalwoodshop
11-01-2010, 07:31 PM
That is a pretty Cool Project.... Since I am .ptn challenged, I am always looking for patterns that I can use....

I am interested in getting this pattern from you and others you might have like a Bear.... Yes, it is posted here but I like to have permission to use a pattern and pay you a fee for that right.

I was able to put text on both sides. There are no Tabs, do you just leave a skin in the center to hold the piece?

Nice....

AL

MCGEE2SKINNER
11-01-2010, 08:41 PM
HI bud
THANKS FOR THE INFO. THE CONFIRM BUTTION WAS NOT THERE UNTIL I OPENED THE PROGRAM THE SECOND TIME.
THANKS
JIM

MCGEE2SKINNER
11-01-2010, 08:49 PM
HI AL-WHO
I DIDN'T DEVELOPE THE PATTERN I PURCHASED IT AT
http://www.carvenow.com/product_info.php?products_id=402
AT A VERY GOOD PRICE.
JIM

Digitalwoodshop
11-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Thanks Jim,

Since I sell all the stuff I make, I feel better having gone to the Carvenow site and just bought the Duck and since I was there... A Turkey and Eagle I was happy to find....

Thanks Buddy,

AL

www.carvenow.com
11-02-2010, 01:21 AM
MCGEE2SKINNER please check your private message.
Thanks.
HT