PDA

View Full Version : Scanning probe and rock chuck

wtlegits
11-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Will the scanning probe fit in a rock chuck?

AskBud
11-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Will the scanning probe fit in a rock chuck?
Review this link about the Rock Chuck and the probe.
The short answer is YES.
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?12929-Impressed-and-a-question
AskBud

CarverJerry
11-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Bud's right, I use mine in the Rock. A little snug but it fits just fine..

rjustice
11-03-2010, 08:08 PM
The shafts on the probes are usually a little chewed up from the use of the setscrews on them. This will make them feel tight in the precision bore of the Rock system. Carefully file off the burrs, and if it is still tight just wrap some sandpaper around the plastic shank of the probe, and twist it back and forth a few times to get it to slip in easily. When you tighten up the Rock chuck, tighten it just enough to keep it from slipping out. If you over tighten, it will crush the plastic shank of the probe, and could require another sanding. It doesnt take much to get it tight in the Rock chuck!

Hope this helps!

Ron

searcherman
07-14-2014, 05:58 PM
I have a rock chuck on my compucarve model A and was wondering which probe do I need to purchase. Do I need to buy the one with the carvetight press on adapter or quick change adapter? The pattern editor software is included with it correct? Will there be a shipping charge? I thought this sale was a good time for me to buy this add on. Thanks for all the help!

fwharris
07-14-2014, 06:22 PM
I have a rock chuck on my compucarve model A and was wondering which probe do I need to purchase. Do I need to buy the one with the carvetight press on adapter or quick change adapter? The pattern editor software is included with it correct? Will there be a shipping charge? I thought this sale was a good time for me to buy this add on. Thanks for all the help!

The scanning probe does not come with the pressed on adapter like the carving bits. Well just looked in the store and it shows the options you just stated, HMMMMM!

The shaft is 1/4" so if you rock is the 1/2" you might need the collet.

Yes the pattern editor software is included and the std $12.00 shipping charge.

searcherman
07-15-2014, 05:58 PM
I asked carvewright which one I need and they said "We do not have a Rock chuck here, But normally bis are ordered with No adapters for the Rock chuck. The probe doesn't come that way.If your chuck accepts 1/2" then order the carvetight,which is 1/2". Definitely not the quick change. Carvewright". My Rock chuck accepts 1/2" router bits, Can someone confirm that the carvetight probe will work with the rock chuck? THanks! I am new to carvewright!!!

mtylerfl
07-15-2014, 06:08 PM
Order the probe with the 0.5" sleeve already installed. This will fit your 0.5" Rock.

searcherman
07-16-2014, 08:53 PM
Carvewright yesterday had $100.00 off the scanning probe but when I went to order today it wasn't there anymore what is going on?

fwharris
07-16-2014, 09:25 PM
Carvewright yesterday had $100.00 off the scanning probe but when I went to order today it wasn't there anymore what is going on?

Sale price was only good until the 14th. They must of still had the sale price up yesterday.

searcherman
07-16-2014, 09:58 PM
I didn't know when the dead line was I just figured it was until the end of this month because it was software month. Is there a way I could still get $100 off the probe? Thank you for your help!

fwharris
07-16-2014, 10:08 PM
Only way I would know is to call CarveWright to see if they would honor the sale price.

searcherman
07-17-2014, 05:24 PM
They allowed the discount on the probe.Thank you all for your help!

fwharris
07-17-2014, 06:37 PM
They allowed the discount on the probe.Thank you all for your help!

Glad to hear they let you do that!