PDA

View Full Version : Hey I getting this error

lhanner
10-31-2010, 07:37 PM
I purchased the Celtic Knot spoon and fork from carvenow. and when I try to upload to flash card I get this error. I have uploaed other projects just fine after I got error.
"An unknown error 12288 occured while compiling project. Please report to LHR for fix. Can not continue "

fwharris
10-31-2010, 08:25 PM
Lon,

I can not say specifically what error 12288 is, but with some other errors while compiling it was do to some type of cut paths, cut outs or vector cuts.

One way to find out is to delete one item at a time from the mpc and try an upload to the card. When you stop getting the error that item could be the problem.

Note that when you are deleting the items DO NOT SAVE THE MPC during the process. You can use the "undo" tool to place items back onto the board.

EDIT: What Bud and Michael said....

AskBud
10-31-2010, 08:37 PM
This error is probably due to the 2 sided carve. See this thread:
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?16517-1.175-unkown-error-12288-on-upload&highlight=12288
AskBud

mtylerfl
10-31-2010, 08:39 PM
Hello,

This error is specific to the 1.175 software when performing double-sided carves. LHR is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. One of the LHR folks mentioned this in another thread on the subject and found a work-around until the fix is released...

Posted by Metallus, CarveWright Staff

I have a workaround while the fix waits to be released:

The workaround is to set the board thickness in the designer to be more than the total carving depth of the front + the back.

In other words, if you carve 0.75" deep on the front, and 0.75" deep on the back, set your board thickness to be 1.5" or larger.

When you take the project to the machine, it will measure the thickness of your board and prompt you to select the "project" or "board" thickness - select the "board" thickness, and it will then say "warning the sides may cut into each other". It's just a warning - you can continue at this point.

Unfortunately, when I found this workaround, I found another bug. When you do all the above, you can only change the board thickness ONCE *before* you attempt to upload the project. If you have started the designer and already tried to upload the project, changing the project thickness and uploading again will not work. Restart the designer, change the project thickness, and upload again. Both bugs will be addressed in the next release.

Here is the link to that particular thread if you want to read the entire discussion:

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?16517-1.175-unkown-error-12288-on-upload&highlight=error+12288