PDA

View Full Version : Sandpaper Belt

danvanw
12-15-2006, 02:30 PM
This AM the sandpaper belt caught on the guide rail and shredded itself. I ordered 2 replacement belts from Mary ( very nice lady ) when I heard the machine was coming (12/05/06) in case something broke, and sure enough it has. Mary says in her invoice note that the belts are back ordered. Can you help? I left voice message and sent email, but this is rather urgent and it is Friday.

Dan VanWieringen

pkunk
12-15-2006, 02:41 PM
How badly did it get shredded? If it's not totaled, just cut off the bad stuff and continue.

Shawn Gillies
12-15-2006, 02:45 PM
If your project is wide enough, and your belt is only shredded on the edge you might be able to use a sharp blade and trim the edge off of the belt. This may hold you over until your replacements arrive.

That's about all i can think of

SG

Edit...i must of been typing when pkunk answered...so i guess that,s the option

danvanw
12-15-2006, 02:53 PM
Thanks, but the belt is jammed under the right guide ( looking from the feed side ) and I did not want to dis-assemble the machine until ok'd to do so and had the replacement belt in hand. I only have about 20 hours on it and if the answer is to take it back to Sears, I did not want to be a bad boy and do something I should not do...

Dan VanWieringen

pkunk
12-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Just speaking from experience, what Carvewright had me do when similar happened to me was to cut the belt with a razor blade and remove the damaged portion. It won't hurt anything to run it with inly a portion of the belt.

David M.
12-15-2006, 07:10 PM
I can corroborate Pkunk, I also had the same issue, however if it's jamed under the sliding guard rail, remove thr rail then cut the bad section off. Then put the rail back in place

bobreda
12-16-2006, 07:43 AM
Happened to me also, I cut the belt like they said. It got me through the project. You'll find that with this machine its a hands on machine. I've taken mine apart several times for one thing or another, usually small things. Thats the only way you will learn about the working of this machine. They are always there to help. Good luck.

Bob