PDA

View Full Version : Newbie already needs help!

VASandy
10-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Just got my brand new Carvewright Model C. I'm so excited, but I am doing my best to be calm and go about everything one step at a time.

I registered the machine and got my unlock code. Unfortunately, the machine doesn't seem to want to take it. When I give it the unlock code, it just sits there displaying the code and won't go any further. What have I done wrong?

Oldtrainerguy
10-26-2010, 05:45 PM
Hit enter if you have not done so.
Turn the machine of then on again and re-try.
Have you registered the machine with the serial #?

fwharris
10-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Just got my brand new Carvewright Model C. I'm so excited, but I am doing my best to be calm and go about everything one step at a time.

I registered the machine and got my unlock code. Unfortunately, the machine doesn't seem to want to take it. When I give it the unlock code, it just sits there displaying the code and won't go any further. What have I done wrong?

Are talking about the software or the machine?

VASandy
10-26-2010, 05:57 PM
I got the unlock code through the registration site.
Just got off the phone with the support guys. They're going to send me an email with the unlock software. Apparently this is "one of 3" machines that had trouble with the unlock code! At least the support people are very friendly and helpful. That's always a good sign.

fwharris
10-26-2010, 06:01 PM
I got the unlock code through the registration site.
Just got off the phone with the support guys. They're going to send me an email with the unlock software. Apparently this is "one of 3" machines that had trouble with the unlock code! At least the support people are very friendly and helpful. That's always a good sign.

HMMM.. an un lock code for the machine???

TerryT
10-26-2010, 06:08 PM
HMMM.. an un lock code for the machine???

Yep, the new "C" machines have an unlock code for the onboard computer.

Digitalwoodshop
10-26-2010, 06:15 PM
No more CW's falling off the truck and sold......

Sony was playing with the idea when a Train got hit in Chicago and cases and cases of Play Station 2's were distributed by a gang.... When they showed up for service, we did the service free but we knew they "Fell off a Truck".... No one had a Reciept... Sony just let it slide..... There was a TV Program "American Greed" with the story of the boy who grew up listening to the trains on a scanner and put the info to good use years later.... They did not say Sony.... But I believe that was the event....

AL

VASandy
10-26-2010, 06:44 PM
It's an actual machine unlock code. Well....what it does is unlock the card, but in essence it's the machine.

fwharris
10-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Yep, the new "C" machines have an unlock code for the onboard computer.

Thanks for the info.. just trying to keep up with the times..

CarverJerry
10-27-2010, 05:23 AM
So this card, is it the memory card we load our programs on to? Is it the same as what we use on the older ones? I only have one machine but if someone had like 2 or 3 could they interchange the cards? After reading this thread I was just wondering as I've thought about buying a C machine. thanks

CJ

dbfletcher
10-27-2010, 08:51 AM
So this card, is it the memory card we load our programs on to? Is it the same as what we use on the older ones? I only have one machine but if someone had like 2 or 3 could they interchange the cards? After reading this thread I was just wondering as I've thought about buying a C machine. thanks

CJ

As far as I know the cards are still interchangeable.

VASandy
10-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Here's the update. I *STILL* have a $3000 brick. Well, just the machine itself is the brick, but basically I can't use the bits or the software for anything else, so I'm putting it in as a $3000 brick. The unlock code doesn't work. I *finally* got the software to run, but the engineer that did the software got the wrong machine serial # and therefor gave me a wrong new unlock code. AND...when I finally get home to do this stuff, by that time the engineer has gone home. So...I'm out a machine for yet another day. Doesn't look like the halloween signs will be ready nearly anytime on time. I'm not pleased. There's a lot Carvewright could do to improve things. Customer service, while friendly and obviously wanting to help, does not have the answers. This unlock code mechanism is very poorly implemented. For whatever reason they implemented it, it is not very well done. I don't want to talk bad about an engineer I don't know. I am VERY impressed with the design software, so if it's the same coder that did the unlock mechanism, the problem must lie with management telling him to push out the code for this too quickly.

I'm hopeful that tomorrow will finally be the day I get to hear this fine machine whir. It's a shame to have it bricked up because of a security mechanism. It's a shame that the criminals don't get punished for stealing machines. It's even more of a shame that the legitimate consumer does. I saved up for a VERY long time to purchase this machine. I have wanted one for a long long time. Now I have one. That will not work.

TIMCOSBY
10-27-2010, 10:48 PM
it is just testing you to see i your going to be a loyal carver!

VASandy
10-28-2010, 07:33 PM
it is just testing you to see i your going to be a loyal carver!

LOL!! You're so right! The machine is working (THANK YOU!) and it's GREAT!!! Now I am going to have to invest in some materials. I've seen some of the work you folks have done and it's really inspired me. YAY it's good to be carvin!