PDA

View Full Version : board sensor trouble

stanv77
10-25-2010, 07:50 PM
Trouble again. I haven't used the machine for about a month. I have had other projects going on. I went to make a sign for my neice and come up sith clear board sensor error. I cleaned the sensor with no luck so I changed the sensor with still no luck. What do I look for now? H as anyone have any suggestions.

Digitalwoodshop
10-25-2010, 08:36 PM
Quick answers....

Was the board DARK WOOD..... Dark Wood reflects LESS light and is invisible to the sensor.... Masking Tape helps...

What are the Numbers using Options, Sensor Data, and Board Detctor... A good reading is 156 and a bad reading is 90...

Let us know....

AL

stanv77
10-25-2010, 09:56 PM
how do I get to sensor readings? The wood I was using was cedar which is some what dark but I have carved on this wood before. I will check the reqading in the morning
. Thanks for help.

Digitalwoodshop
10-26-2010, 11:31 AM
For this test.....

Place a piece of white copy paper on the board and crank the head down.

Select 0 User Options, then Sensor Data then Board Sensor. Using the up or down arrows.

See Cover Switch, Board Sensor, Rollers..... Lots of GOOD data for troubleshooting the machine...

The Board Sensor reading with white paper should be about 156. It is reading the reflective light off the paper. We use white paper as a standard to my 156 is the same as your 156..... The Dark Wood is most likely the trouble... The Board Sensor can't see any reflective light....

A reading on white paper of 90 is bad.... You may need to open the sensor and clean the window.... OR sometimes one of the LED's snaps off... 2 LED and one receiver.... New board sensors are glued and have much less dust and zero broken LED's... Good Job LHR.

You may need to place some masking tape on the board where it measures left and right then on each end to make dark wood work.

See other posts I did this week with pictures of the sensors.

AL