PDA

View Full Version : Machine is going crazy on me...

glassocean
10-23-2010, 03:47 PM
After I noticed the flex shaft was getting hot the other day, I lubed her up and re-installed. I went to do a simple cut out today and I seem to be getting every kind of error possible. At first it was the board sensor, then rear roller, then front roller, then load board, then fatal error (4)! Rebbot machine, then Z Axis stall err E06-0313. I'm assuming I may have a serious problem?

Jeff

Digitalwoodshop
10-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Use Options and Sensor Data and run thought your readings looking at the data.

White Paper test on the Board Sensor should be about 156. A 90 is bad....

AL

glassocean
10-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Use Options and Sensor Data and run thought your readings looking at the data.

White Paper test on the Board Sensor should be about 156. A 90 is bad....

AL
I got a 156 on sensor data. After using different boards and cut files, the main problem seems to be Z Axis Stall error. Bearings are rolling and clean, but the truck does not move up and down with ease, but it never did.

Jeff

Digitalwoodshop
10-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Then you need to start there.... You could have a bad Z bearing or wood chips in the belt cogs or a bad gearbox or loose Z Motor on the Gear Box.

AL

Ike
12-24-2010, 03:25 PM
I got a 156 on sensor data. After using different boards and cut files, the main problem seems to be Z Axis Stall error. Bearings are rolling and clean, but the truck does not move up and down with ease, but it never did.

Jeff
I know this is a day late and dollar short, but in case others are having this issues. I am having the same problem with my number 1 machine, it is the FFC ribbon cable on mine! I need to order a new cable after Christmas. I thought it was the belt behind my Z truck, I melted it some when I installed my Rock. I replaced the belt and still was getting Z axis error E06-0313. So I started trouble shooting and plugging and unplugging connections. Any I connected the ribbon cable and it it cleared the error and it moved and the error came up adjusted the cable it cleared. Wiggled it came back!

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
12-24-2010, 06:04 PM
Ike,

Merry Christmas to you and your Family. Sounds like a bad FSC Cable (corrected to FFC Cable.... Thanks Ike !!!) or the upper board that it plugs into....

Let us Know,

AL

Ike
12-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Ike,

Merry Christmas to you and your Family. Sounds like a bad FSC Cable or the upper board that it plugs into....

Let us Know,

AL
Thanks Al you too, but Sears calls it a Ffc ribbon cable part number 37

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Craftsman-Parts/Engraving-tool-Parts/Model-133217540/0247/0716000/50032312/00004?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=

So there!!! Just the razzing me and Al do!!! I am seldom right so I had to look it up! So does LHR call it FSC cable? I need to know so I don't call it the wrong thing!

Ike

glassocean
12-26-2010, 06:24 AM
I know this is a day late and dollar short, but in case others are having this issues. I am having the same problem with my number 1 machine, it is the FFC ribbon cable on mine! I need to order a new cable after Christmas. I thought it was the belt behind my Z truck, I melted it some when I installed my Rock. I replaced the belt and still was getting Z axis error E06-0313. So I started trouble shooting and plugging and unplugging connections. Any I connected the ribbon cable and it it cleared the error and it moved and the error came up adjusted the cable it cleared. Wiggled it came back!

Ike
The machine was going crazy on me. It would even spit the board out one end instead of stopping after it measured. I cleaned as much as I could and used different boards, then all of a sudden it started working as if nothing was ever wrong.

Jeff

Ike
12-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Jeff you know one thing the head pressure is temperature sensitive and the colder outside the less pressure! Don't be surprised in the summer it starts again! Let's hope it was a warped or twisted board. Another thing you could do is back off the pressure. Better yet I hope it will never happen again!

I am going to replace my Ffc connections board before I order another cable.

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
12-27-2010, 02:52 PM
Thanks Al you too, but Sears calls it a Ffc ribbon cable part number 37

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Craftsman-Parts/Engraving-tool-Parts/Model-133217540/0247/0716000/50032312/00004?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=

So there!!! Just the razzing me and Al do!!! I am seldom right so I had to look it up! So does LHR call it FSC cable? I need to know so I don't call it the wrong thing!

Ike

Ike,

I see at least ONE of US is paying attention to the DETAILS.... Yes, your RIGHT !!!! It IS a FFC Cable....

Not to be confused with what I have been calling it.... a FSC Cable.... Not to be confused with my Navy Rate and Rank.... FCC... FCC(SW) Retired.....

SO Ike 1 AL ZERO..... Good Job Ike.....

AL

So the FFC Cable is the 14 pin Cable....
The FCC in Picture 1.... That is the BOARD sensor cable......

Ike
12-28-2010, 12:30 PM
Ike,

I see at least ONE of US is paying attention to the DETAILS.... Yes, your RIGHT !!!! It IS a FFC Cable....

Not to be confused with what I have been calling it.... a FSC Cable.... Not to be confused with my Navy Rate and Rank.... FCC... FCC(SW) Retired.....

SO Ike 1 AL ZERO..... Good Job Ike.....

AL

So the FFC Cable is the 14 pin Cable....
The FCC in Picture 1.... That is the BOARD sensor cable......

You know Al from Sears they call it the Ffc wire guide and it makes me wonder does the cable come with it? I see you ordered one by itself for $5.00! I am going to change the connection before replacing the cable it makes more sense. I could plug it in and clear the error, wiggle the cable the error returned. I am thinking it is not the wire unless I am wiggling the right place where the wire is broke!

Anyway I will take the one up it will be the only one I will get!

Ike

mtylerfl
12-28-2010, 01:26 PM
The machine was going crazy on me. It would even spit the board out one end instead of stopping after it measured. I cleaned as much as I could and used different boards, then all of a sudden it started working as if nothing was ever wrong.

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

A few things to check initially, if it happens again...

1) Make sure your board is a minimum of 1/2"-thick...less than that and the machine will continue to ask you to load piece

2) The shop cannot be too cold...the machine can "act up" if too chilly...55 degrees and over are what the machine likes

3) Check to see if you have a stuck pressure roller...blow out the switch with air while squeezing the roller up/down to free up the switch if needed

4) Could be a head pressure issue (too low). Check the pressure as outlined in your Owner's Manual if needed

Digitalwoodshop
12-28-2010, 01:45 PM
And just to add to this thread about the roller.... The 2 screws and plate that the roller rests on when uncompressed can get sawdust on it and with every un compress packs the sawdust. It gets so thick that it won't let the roller uncompress far enough to let the switch activate. To clean it, I just removed the keypad side and loosened the 2 screws and plate holding the roller and blew air into it then tightened it back up.

The Back Roller or facing the keyboard, the right roller must uncompress to turn on the board sensor when measuring a board. OR it will spit out.... SO either the left or right roller is not uncompressing or the board is too thin.

AL

glassocean
01-15-2011, 11:53 AM
It had to be the board Ike, I have not had the problem since. However, I am in Florida and it's almost always summertime here.

Jeff

glassocean
01-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Michael,
The board was 1/2" MDF, maybe that was the problem. Low temps in Florida are rare, even though it's been pretty cold here lately.

Jeff

mtylerfl
01-15-2011, 07:09 PM
Michael,
The board was 1/2" MDF, maybe that was the problem. Low temps in Florida are rare, even though it's been pretty cold here lately.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I'm sure you are right...the board and/or the cold shop caused the issue. I used to live one hour south of Tampa (Bradenton, FL). I recall one January it got so COLD for enough days in a row that it killed three citrus trees on our property. I didn't even know they were dead until the spring when they failed to produce new leaves...all the existing leaves were falling off! Funny, I had several other citrus trees that survived just fine. I had no idea it could get that frigid on the gulf coast of Florida. Told my wife we needed to move farther south...but, seven years ago we moved to the coast of Georgia...five hours northeast of Bradenton!

Ike
01-16-2011, 12:14 AM
Jeff, I am glad you found the problem! Mine is the Ffc ribbon and I need to order a new one! I wish I could say it always summertime in Susanville Ca.!

Ike