PDA

View Full Version : Sensor Errors

Kazuale
10-22-2010, 08:46 AM
When I attempt a carve it will measure the width fine but no matter how well I clean the sensor or the board it will always stop at the end and prompt me to Clear Board Sensor. When I tried to measure the board i got this message; Edge detection failed Error 400.

cnsranch
10-22-2010, 08:54 AM
First try is to place masking tape along the edges of both ends of your board and try to re measure.....without getting into the technical parts of checking the sensor itself, it's possible that your board is too dark for the sensor to effectively recognize the ends.

If the tape doesn't work, you can search for other answers - I can't help you with the technical part of this problem - I've never had to deal with it.

AskBud
10-22-2010, 08:57 AM
When I attempt a carve it will measure the width fine but no matter how well I clean the sensor or the board it will always stop at the end and prompt me to Clear Board Sensor. When I tried to measure the board i got this message; Edge detection failed Error 400.
How long is the board?
What color is the board?
Does the board have square ends, with no voids/knots/holes?
Have you placed masking tape on the bottom edge on the key-board side?
Have you placed masking tape across each end of your board, and down the center where the truck sensor travels?
AskBud

Mike Witt
10-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Check on sensors for rear roller switch not releasing, this will give you a myriad of different errors, I found a broken wire and that resolved all my issues

Easy fix

Kazuale
10-27-2010, 06:32 AM
Hello,
Board lengths are at least 12 inches with varying lengths. I've only used boards without knots and square edges. On three different boards yesterday the narrowest of the pine board worked. A piece of red oak did not even with the taped edges. With the tape on i got a new error that I never saw before. I tried a different piece of pine which I though was in better shape than the first but that on didn't work either. In all cases the sensor measured the widths of the boards fine, it was only when it tried to measure teh lengths that I had trouble. I try the tape trick again in the mean time. Any other suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks

Kazuale
10-27-2010, 08:06 AM
Does anything have to be removed to get to the rear roller switch? Would this be the problem even if it measures the board widhts fine?

AskBud
10-27-2010, 09:32 AM
Does anything have to be removed to get to the rear roller switch? Would this be the problem even if it measures the board widhts fine?Stop!
The roller switches may not have anything to do with the problem!

The sensor on the rollers are YES/NO switches which tell the machine that the board has left that particular roller.
Once that happens, the board sensor under the truck looks for the actual "End of board". This is coupled with the Brass Roller continuing to measure.

Make sure that the Brass roller has the rubber O-Ring in the proper place and that the "Damper" is in place below the Brass Roller.
If you lose/move either of these items it will throw off your length measurements, just like a bad board might do.

Here is a link to an old post on the possible problems.
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?13969-Tape-Usage&p=115777#post115777
AskBud