PDA

View Full Version : Computer Help!

James RS
10-22-2010, 06:32 AM
To much dismay, my one computer decided to retire lastnight. It has my Carvewright software on it DXF and STL how can I go about getting everything reactivated on this machine.

Many Thanks,
James RS

CarverJerry
10-22-2010, 07:31 AM
Not sure about the DXF & STL but the program can be installed on 2 computers, if you already have it on 2 then just call LHR and they can do it in just a few seconds. Try updating your license and see if that does it.

CJ

James RS
10-22-2010, 07:37 AM
Thanks Jerry,
I don't have it installed on this computer at all

Jim

TerryT
10-22-2010, 08:25 AM
Hi Jim,
You should just be able to install the latest version of designer on that computer then go to "Help" and "Manage Licenses" then just re-enter any of the activation codes you recieved when you originally got STL and DXF. That should do it. If not you will have to call LHR.

lynnfrwd
10-22-2010, 11:17 AM
If you have only ever registered one computer then you should still have a second license available. Registration (activation) of advanced software such as DXF & STL is only required once. You should never need the activation codes again.

Install the latest version, select register online, I already have an account, enter username & password, you should see the boxes to check next to STL & DXF (or any other items you have registered such as patterns, projects or software). Click those boxes to apply to that computer.

More information is available at www.carvewright.com under the LEARN menu in Section 1.2 "Reinstallation due to hard drive failure, changes to your system or new PC."

James RS
10-22-2010, 11:21 AM
All set called tech and they helped me right through it.

James RS