PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic but just wanted to share

STEAM
10-22-2010, 05:56 AM
This last Wednesday was my birthday. I turned 53. I received a present that can not be topped. I got a new granddaughter! My daughter had it planned to deliver on my birthday and everything went as planned. She is 8 pounds 6 oz. with a full head of hair. Her name is Lyric because music is a very big deal throughout our family. in the picture is my son-in-law holding his new pride and joy.39442

James RS
10-22-2010, 06:41 AM
Congratulations!

CarverJerry
10-22-2010, 07:28 AM
Congrats Grandpa, and thanks for bringing another Buckeye into this beautiful state........

CarverJerry

want2b
10-22-2010, 07:29 AM
Money can't buy some of the greatest gifts of life.
Congrats, enjoy.
Rick H

chebytrk
10-22-2010, 08:26 AM
Congrats! The man upstairs sent a beautiful gift !

TerryT
10-22-2010, 08:29 AM
Congratulations to the you and the rest of the family! Thats a happy looking dad.

cnsranch
10-22-2010, 08:55 AM
I'm 54 - you're waaaaay too young to be a g'pa

Congrats, Tim.

Smoken D
10-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Yep, only word for that work of art is PRICELESS!

Old Salt
10-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Grand kids are to much fun ,you can spoil them to deah and then just send them home to mom and dad !

Ike
10-22-2010, 01:01 PM
VERY VERY COOL! Grandkids are the greatest! So is this your first? I have 3 my oldest is 2 years old in a few days and her sister is 6 months and their cousin my grandson is over a year old!

But you top us you get to share your birthday with your little girl!

Ike

STEAM
10-22-2010, 02:59 PM
Thank you everyone for the kind words. This is my third grand child. Lyric has a 4 year old brother and an 8 year old sister. The oldest thinks the world revolves around her Papaw. The first word she ever said was Papaw! She is really a sweet girl. Her brother is a Grandma's boy but he still loves to play with me.

TerryT
10-22-2010, 04:15 PM
Here is two of mine. They came over to help grampa in the shop. They were wearing their brand new tool belts that their dad got them for Christmas. We spent the day making very special bird houses.

jaroot
10-22-2010, 04:27 PM
I'm only 55 and I've got eight grandkids! Love'm all and they are so much more fun than kids. :rolleyes:

Congratulations!

I'm 54 - you're waaaaay too young to be a g'pa

Congrats, Tim.

Ike
10-22-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm only 55 and I've got eight grandkids! Love'm all and they are so much more fun than kids. :rolleyes:

Congratulations!

Lol I am 47 and I have been a Grandpa for 2 years! Wow I 45 for the first one! Same age you were Tim!

Kenm810
02-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Winter Snow and Ice, Balh, Balh, Balh,

Spent the last 3 morning shoveling trails across the back Deck "again"
so the Pups can get out to the yard to do their business "again".
When's the Sun supposed come out "again",
it's starting to feel like "Ragnarok"around here.
This Winter Wonderland stuff is sure getting Old fast this year!

Ike
02-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Winter Snow and Ice, Balh, Balh, Balh,

Spent the last 3 morning shoveling trails across the back Deck "again"
so the Pups can get out to the yard to do their business "again".
When's the Sun supposed come out "again",
it's starting to feel like "Ragnarok"around here.
This Winter Wonderland stuff is sure getting Old fast this year!

Well Ken any consultation, the sun is out here in Susanville Ca! It is cold though it has warmed up to 30 degrees! Funny since Dec. we have not had much snow, well last Sunday we had 2" that melted that day! Just a couple weeks ago it reached 60 degrees!

Oh you didn't want to hear that!

Ike

Kenm810
02-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Hi Ike,

We've only had a couple Days above freezing since before Christmas,
mostly in the teens and twenties with lots of nights in the single digits.
The kids down the street built a Snow Igloo in their front yard
-- it's been there since the last week in December!

Ike
02-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Sorry Ken! I have a guest bedroom if you need to thaw out!

Kenm810
02-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the offer Ike, but like Barb tells me at night,
if I get to cold -- just pull-up another Dog!

Ike
02-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the offer Ike, but like Barb tells me at night,
if I get to cold -- just pull-up another Dog!
Lol of course Barb and the dogs are welcomed!

eelamb
02-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Ken I feel for you, we were dumped 20" of snow yesterday. All highways into this area were closed down. I had drifts 3 to 4' high, and like you my dogs looked at it and said NO WAY. I had to make a path for them to get out. Today I got the tractor out and bladed the drive, then took the step daughter to work. While I was out a neighbor with a road grader bladed the road. tractor out again to get the snow ridge out of the drive. temp has been a high of 11 today, and expected to get -11 tonight. Now just so you know I an in south west Missouri. We get some temperatures below 32, but not staying below for long. As for snow, ok we get one good load each year, and it begins melting the next day.

Kenm810
02-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Eddie,

It's been a while, "1964" I spent a a January and February about 135 mile North/East of you
in the frozen red Missouri mud at a little touch of Heaven called Fort Leonard Wood,
it had some really Rustic accommodations as I recall.

Dan-Woodman
02-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Eddie
I'm close , up by Warrensburg. We got around 18" with 35 mph wind. They closed the manufacturing plant I work at last 2 days. Univercities are closed , I-70 from K.C. to St. Louis was closed for about 12 hr. We haven't had it this bad since '62.
later Daniel

Smoken D
02-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Well, getten to spend a lot of tiime in the shop. Machine too loud for carving, got what needed done. As you can see got 21" of the white stuff yesterday. Just think 3 days prior went to Springfield, Missouri and it was 65 degrees. Tomorrow morning will be around -10 below. Sometimes it is really nice being retired and stuck at home out in the country. Gotta love Missouri weather. Changes so quickly!

Dan-Woodman
02-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Hey Smoken, that looks like my deck. You know what they say in Mo., if you don't like the weather today wait til tommorow.
later Daniel

Ike
02-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Did I mention the sun is out and bright! Made it to 38 degrees today and no snow!!! Sorry I just wanted to brighten you day with my sun! Oh Ken in 1964 this time of year I was 5 months old!!!

Ike

eelamb
02-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Ken you would not reconize Fort Leonard Wood now. You know all the luxuries of modern life.

Dan I sent it your way, same for smoken D, hope you guys like the snow. Now come get this stuff that was left here, it is free for the taken.

Smoken d living in the country is the only way to go now days.

I am in Newton county about 25 miles south of Joplin.

IKE hush, shame on you rubbing salt in our wounds. We will remember this when the fires and mud slides start up in CA again. (smile)

Ike
02-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Ah gee I was just trying to help! BTW, the mudslides and fires were in Southern Ca.! I am in Northern Ca in the mountains!. 4 hours from Oregon and 1 hour to Nevada! I am just amazed we usually have 4 feet of snow this time of year!

Anyway room at my home if any need to warm up!

Ike

Kenm810
02-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Hmmmm --- But Ike, ---- doesn't that put you around that Honey Lake Fault Zone

Ike
02-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Hmmmm --- But Ike, ---- doesn't that put you around that Honey Lake Fault Zone

Yep Honey lake if you want to call it a lake is up the road near Herlong Army depot!

brdad
02-02-2011, 07:30 PM
We've had a pretty easy Winter but this last storm has kept the road crews busy.

fwharris
02-02-2011, 10:38 PM
To all of you that are in the mid states: Hope you all hold up ok and are staying warm!

From the sounds of it I will take my -10 to +15, 2"s of snow and clear blues sky!

CarverJerry
02-03-2011, 05:24 AM
This ice storm we had really did us in. So many people with out power, lots of people falling down and getting hurt. I had 1/2" of ice all over everything. We still have the Red Cross in shelters until everyone gets their power back.......I'm lucky and still have power & heat.

CJ

Smoken D
02-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Eddie;
The wife was stationed at Fort Leonard Wood back 64-67. She was a Lt. type RN taken care of the guys coming home from Nam. We went back there a few years ago. Not much that could be reconized for her. The hospital they had just finished just before she got out but did some time there. Was only -8 below this morning, but at least the sun is out. Had a loner deer just come up the drive and back to the feeder. Hadn't been out there to put more corn in it. And yes, living in the country is really really great!

eelamb
02-03-2011, 09:32 AM
brdad, did not know they drove on the wrong side of the road in Bangor, ME (SMILE) Nice picture though.

edit:
Oh forgot with where you are at stay inside and warm. I think it is hitting you or has hit you by now.

Smoken D
02-03-2011, 01:44 PM
A BLESSING I RECEIVED. These are a set of three photos to make the Panorama view out my back deck. The lake, Truman Lake, is one mile across from where I live. The bluff way far away, Osage Bluff, is around 2 1/2 miles away to give you an idea. The hill next to me on the other side is an Bald Eagle Nest, so I see them flying by all the time. Took these photos just a little bit ago. Really GREAT liven out in the country.:rolleyes:

ajk
02-18-2011, 06:42 AM
Here in Puerto Rico we will get very happy if we get like 72 grades. We are like 85. But we can go to the beach all year long if we want. I think that is a Bless.

Hilda & ajk

Ike
02-18-2011, 01:29 PM
Ok I am getting pay back for all bragging! We now have a foot of snow and more to come! It is 25 degrees! But the sun is shinning!!

Ike

Kenm810
02-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Like they always say Ike, --- What goes around Comes around.
It's been Sunny nearly all day and 52 Degrees, All the snow melted
and we can see the ground again --- I know it won't last for long
we'll be back into the 20's and Teen's by Monday.

One thing on the bright side, all the Puppy's -- Poopy Piles
were much easier to locate around the yard ---- and clean up this afternoon.

Ike
02-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Like they always say Ike, --- What goes around Comes around.
It's been Sunny nearly all day and 52 Degrees, All the snow melted
and we can see the ground again --- I know it won't last for long
we'll be back into the 20's and Teen's by Monday.

One thing on the bright side, all the Puppy's -- Poopy Piles
were much easier to locate around the yard ---- and clean up this afternoon.

Ken lol I am glad the land mines are easier to find!

Remember don't you go where the huskies go and don't eat that yellow snow!

Ike

Kenm810
02-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Ya' got that right Ike -- all the Folks around here Know better ----- That ain't Italian Lemon Ice

cnsranch
02-18-2011, 03:26 PM
That ain'tItalian Lemon Ice

NOW you tell me - no wonder it tastes funny.

fwharris
02-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Ken,

I got all of my land mines cleaned up today as well!

lynnfrwd
02-18-2011, 04:11 PM
I think you guys might be "sharing" just a little too much and way, way "Off Topic"!! LOL!!

I go into the back yard where the "girls" are; I don't get off of the deck very often!

Ike
02-18-2011, 04:31 PM
That's why I have cats! No land mines!

TerryT
02-18-2011, 06:03 PM
I have to carve out a trail and make sure they have a good sized spot to pull over and do their thing, otherwise they'll do it in the middle of the trail. Here's me making it and them using it. Dont they look happy? LOL

lynnfrwd
02-18-2011, 06:09 PM
OH MY GOSH!!!

Beautiful place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there...at least not in the wintertime!

TerryT
02-18-2011, 06:21 PM
OH MY GOSH!!!

Beautiful place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there...at least not in the wintertime!

That was two years ago. We got 3 feet over night. This year we haven't had much at all. Infact lots of sun shine but we have had some cold temps.

Kenm810
02-18-2011, 06:47 PM
This ones for Ike, over the years we've had several Cats (Not all a the same time), even had a small pet door so they could come and go as they pleased
I especially recall two that we had at the same time were a couple of very large Russian Blues that loved to ride in the car with me when I ran errands on the weekends. One day one of the Cats must have eaten something that didn’t particularly agree with her stomach. Well on the way home one thing lead to another and she let fly from both ends --- within a day or two all was well and she was fine, -------- But I had to sell the car!!

Ike
02-18-2011, 07:38 PM
This ones for Ike, over the years we've had several Cats (Not all a the same time), even had a small pet door so they could come and go as they pleased
I especially recall two that we had at the same time were a couple of very large Russian Blues that loved to ride in the car with me when I ran errands on the weekends. One day one of the Cats must have eaten something that didn’t particularly agree with her stomach. Well on the way home one thing lead to another and she let fly from both ends --- within a day or two all was well and she was fine, -------- But I had to sell the car!!
Lol okay maybe a few hairballs and yes disagreed food or objects! But all the land mines can be found in the same place!

Your kitties are beautiful!

Ike

jpaluck
02-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Terry

Is that a cw on wheels?..that is truly a carvaholic

Capt Bruce
02-19-2011, 05:17 AM
Given the snow you all have been through this winter . . . that would be why I left Northern Ohio about 11 years ago and just have not felt any urge to drive back. My last official act in the state was selling my snow blower to my neighbor at a great discount.

It's been about 65 each afternoon this week and down in the low 40/30s at night. Daffodils are up and about ready to bloom and when they do we'll get one last dusting of snow on them. That's why you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North. We all hope the Groundhog was right so you'll enjoy Spring soon.

CarverJerry
02-19-2011, 08:47 AM
It was almost 60° yesterday here in Ohio, almost all of the snow is gone, I'm hearing motorcycles being fired up but I'm sure we'll still get another blast of 'ol man winter. If it wasn't for family I'd be gone.........either in Flordia or Tucson....spent 10 years in the desert and loved it.

CJ

Smoken D
02-19-2011, 09:21 AM
But ya gotta love, or hate, Missouri. This year---
Jan 29 65 degrees---
Feb 1 21" of snow---
Feb 3 another 5" of snow---
Feb 9 10 below---
Feb 17 74 degrees.
Really good on the health. Strong bodys or it'll kill ya!

Kenm810
02-20-2011, 07:58 AM
I just saw the weather forecast for this afternoon and tonight --- The Ice Storms Cometh!
A 1/2" of Ice followed by 6" of new Snow --- Here we go again --- Mother Nature's Original (Super Slip'n'Slide)

Kenm810
02-21-2011, 10:02 AM
One Day Later,

Correction to Yesterdays post --- We got 1/4" of Ice and a "Foot of New Snow"

Hmmmmm --- No Steaks on the Grill Today

PCW
02-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Hi Ken,

We dodged the bullet north of ya and only got 1" from the storm. I feel for you.... It's mother natures way to tease ya a little.

dougmsbbs
02-21-2011, 11:56 AM
Guess I got lucky on this one, Ken. I live about 10 miles south of the Michigan line in Indiana, so I'm not that far from you. We got a thin coating of ice and a dusting of snow here. They called for a lot worse, but, like I said, I got lucky for once. Of course, there WAS that 28 inches of snow in one night we got last month...

TerryT
02-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Terry

Is that a cw on wheels?..that is truly a carvaholic
Yes sir! This is what I was working on before the wife made me do the sidewalk.

Kenm810
02-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Hey Doug,

We've been down your way a few times,-- We always look forward to the Family-Style Dining at the Das Dutchman Essenhaus or the Blue Gate Restaurants plus a few others we've run across while we’re wondering around Shipshewana, Goshen, Nappanee, or Middlebury, in Northern Indiana. We also like to stop by Yoder's Hardward and Department stores to look around and pick up my yearly Creased Crown Amish Hat (I wear them when I’m Having a good day puttering around the yard or pond) we also keep a cooler in the Van for what ever Barb picks out at Yoder’s Meat & Cheese Company after we go to the Shipshewana Auction & Flea Market in the Summer months --- 90 degrees+ last year and no shade anywhere to be found, most of all I enjoy looking at a few of the Lumber Mills for a little Carving Stock for my Shop and Machine.

Ps. I almost forgot about one stop near you, (The Old Bag Factory) with loads of neat stuff

dougmsbbs
02-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Wow! You have been down here, thats for sure. Good eating at the Essenhaus! I just finished dinner and thinking about it has me getting hungry again!
The Old Bag Factory is maybe a mile from my house. Next time you come down maybe we can get together for some good food. I try to stay away from the Shipshewana Flea market. Too much to see, and my heart won't let me do all that walking. But I sell a few things up there now and again through some friends who have booths.

Kenm810
02-21-2011, 06:59 PM
I know what you mean about the the Flea Market ---- it's Huge
same here with the Heart problems but I can't resist.
Those rows of Vendors seem to go on for miles.

Kenm810
02-23-2011, 10:09 AM
11:00 am and I just got home form the Gym Feb 23rd, 12 Degrees but the Sun is shining
we have more than a foot of snow on the ground with 6" more coming tomorrow and Friday.
I couldn't believe my eyes, and had to go out on the back deck --- to get a better look!
We have two Robins sitting on a branch of our Pear tree 20ft from the steps, -- Now what's up with that???

CarverJerry
02-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Remember the ground hog did not see his shadow, and so maybe he sent a PM to the Robins so they decided to be the early bird and get the worm......LOL..........sorry couldn't resist that one.

CJ