PDA

View Full Version : Save pattern to library Crashes

STEAM
10-21-2010, 05:19 PM
I have ran into a strange problem. Every time I try to use the SAVE PATTERN TO LIBRARY function in the pattern Editor, all I get is the save window flashes on the screen then disappears. At that point Designer locks up. I have older versions of Designer stored on my computer and this happens to all of them. This has to be a Windows 7 problem but this is the first time I have seen it. I even rebooted and still the problem remains. Has anyone else had this happen? If so did you find a fix?

bjbethke
10-21-2010, 08:56 PM
I have ran into a strange problem. Every time I try to use the SAVE PATTERN TO LIBRARY function in the pattern Editor, all I get is the save window flashes on the screen then disappears. At that point Designer locks up. I have older versions of Designer stored on my computer and this happens to all of them. This has to be a Windows 7 problem but this is the first time I have seen it. I even rebooted and still the problem remains. Has anyone else had this happen? If so did you find a fix?
That is a very common problem if your favorites file gets too large and over powers your computer memory. How large is your MPN file?

See; http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?16569-I-hope-this-is-simple-but...&p=140330#post140330

STEAM
10-22-2010, 04:21 AM
Its over 145K. I'll go through and delete the patterns I never use. Thanks BJB

STEAM
10-22-2010, 05:23 AM
I took time this morning and deleted all the patterns that I don't use and now everything works just fine. Thanks again BJB. I would have never thought of doing that.