PDA

View Full Version : identify tool in designer

CarverJerry
10-21-2010, 10:37 AM
Ok, question...I downloaded a file off the forum that BJB posted showing an example. I wanted to carve this set of praying hands but not with the inside obee tool that he used showing how to use the obee on an inside. So I copied and pasted the set of hands onto a new board and put a rectangle around it and added a large draft.
When I go to set the machine up it did something different right off the bat and asked me to hit enter to continue...so I did, then it measured the board on Y then on X, asking the normal question. stay under rollers...yes, center on board...yes, cut board to size...no. I always use a sled. Then it remeasures theY again then askes me to insert the 3/8 jointer tool?????????
All I want to do is use the regular tapered carving tool...... how can you tell what tools are used on a project before it is uploaded to the card?
Here is my file...

liquidguitars
10-21-2010, 11:16 AM
You just need to hide the 3/8" bit on the "back" side of your project. The CW will always cut the back side first on a two sided project.

CarverJerry
10-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Thanks LG, never thought to look at the back side of that project, yep flipped it over and there it was, now I really feel stupid, duh.........Thanks again Brandon

CarverJerry